Replacing Amp in an SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dcarmean

Hi,

I want to replace the Speakers/Amp/Subwoofer in my SE, but leave the headunit in place. I've done this on my cars before without screwing them up too badly.

I've seen the post that indicates that the Sub is in the tailgate on the left side. Does anyone know anything about the Amp? Is it separate from the headunit? If so, where is it?

Thanks,

-doug

D

dcarmean

Thanks for the photos - those are a blast to dig through. I got your picture for the sub - thanks.

I think this one is the DVD for the Nav system - is that right?

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/lr3/DSCN1249.jpg

Any other clues? I didn't see anything in there that looked like an amp. Did I miss it?

Thanks,

-doug

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea on the SE, but the HSE amp is under the passenger seat and seems to be connected to the head unit via the MOST bus. Good luck.

B

Beach

dcarmean said:
Hi,

I want to replace the Speakers/Amp/Subwoofer in my SE, but leave the headunit in place. I've done this on my cars before without screwing them up too badly.

I've seen the post that indicates that the Sub is in the tailgate on the left side. Does anyone know anything about the Amp? Is it separate from the headunit? If so, where is it?

Thanks,

-doug

I'm considering doing the same, did you have any luck? If so, what did you install and how did it turn out? Is the headunit of adequate quality to get really good sound (I'm looking for pure/clear sound, not window rattling volume)?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99