RS sliders paid for themselves this weekend >>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a nice ride wheeling in North GA. Went down this one trail just fine, coming back - whoops. Result - I scraped the top of the slider. Yep - the top. To this point, I still am amazed I did not damage the whole driver's side of the LR. It is VERY obvious, the RS slider prevented the LR3 from rolling over.

Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAxh-CG_fjA

Some photos...

67018378.jpg

GraveyardwithNickCharlesChad.jpg

:biggrin:

015-1.jpg

Last edited:

MEDISIN

Reaction score
Yeah, that was an odd approach angle but you hung in there. Kudos for not taking the ***** path to the left (drivers right). Looks like fun.

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From seeing your video, the approach you took was your downfall. Fortunately, you got out of it. Live and learn. But, the important thing is, you guys had fun!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is really hard to look at video from one camera and give any real feedback. I also wondered why the poster didn't take it right down the middle. ...but without being there to see the obstacle first-hand, it's tough to say. Agreed that it's a "live and learn" deal, as it is for all of us when we're out. I certainly screw up plenty myself and just have to learn from it.

It could be that the Jeeps took that line and everyone followed. Maybe they didn't slip down the off-camber slope as much because they are lighter. Glad the poster is safe and that he posted that video. It was fun to watch!

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's funny is that we went down through this mess without a hitch. We then turned around and came back up through the trail. I admit - bad, bad choice on the approach. No question. In fact, it was my second thought that I went with. Oops. Lesson learned. :stupid:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Admire your attidude Bigs. The next time you encounter an obstacle like this you will know which line to take. For most of us, learning proper wheel placement is an ongoing lesson at which I consider myself to be a lifetime student. Glad you made it through without incident.

Last edited:

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes! I can't believe you had both the passanger wheels off the ground and didn't get any body damage.

Looks like it would have been a fun ride.

Sliders for me!

Rob

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The funny part - the guys I went with named the trail (a new one to us) - "Top of the Slider" Road. :biggrin:

Last edited: