Update for the Owners of this Beautiful Truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that saga after 9 days is finally over. At the end of the day they cleaned and redirected my draining tubes for water on the top of the vehicle and they replaced the carpet in the entire truck. There was alot of water in the passengers floor but after it dried i smelled and saw no noticeable damage but the service rep told me that they are not going to take a chance on anything coming back to haunt them. Now she smells like a brand new vehicle. They sure know how to treat you at the dealerships....SOMETIMES. It took a long time to order the carpet but i am satisfied.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great to hear! Its nice to read about a positive dealer experience!

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...36k miles...water pump has gone out. Took it to the dealership after hearing the noise and they fixed it within 4hrs. Super fast service. However they did get me for $200 + tax for an oil change. Heaven forbid you walk and in out of that place without touching your wallet.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not! Another water leakage issue. Same place. Noticed it after a long drive with the AC running so it led me to believe that it was related to that. Brought it into the dealership and they confirmed it was the drainage tube from the AC had dislodged. WOW. They fixed it before any considerable damage this time. Incredible nagging issue.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High speed height
If the vehicle exceeds 160 km/h (100 mph) for
longer than five seconds, the suspension ride
height lowers by 20 mm (0.75 in). This action
is automatic and cannot be over-ridden
manually. Ride height will return to normal
when vehicle speed remains below 130 km/h
(80 mph) for at least 30 seconds

BTW from earlier in this thread...

I hope my water issue leak is easily fixed =(

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok..another update. 42,450 miles, had a 3 inch nail in the inside wall of the rear tire which means the tire is gone. So i was due for an Oil change (8k miles since the last) and my 45K service so i decided to be back to the scene of the robbery which is Manhattan Land Rover. One rear Wheel, 45k service (included oil change), wheel alignment, front and back brakes (this time lasted 17 months instead of 13), rear seat buckle harness replaced and the door handle on the door tightened...wait on this....

$2,142.00.

The brake warning light did not come on but i could tell the brakes were not sharp and the sensor would have went off any day, I am happy there was an improvement on the brake life. That is all i can say. I am getting used to the beating now and i was prepared for it. At least they did not tell me i needed rotors. :)

Anything else to report is all POSITIVE. My beast is still running smoothly and the service was noticeable. Drives like it was brand new. It is out of warranty and they tried to sell me a LR Aftermarket warranty for $4,200 with a $100 deductible Bumper to Bumper. I declined as of now. I believe the way i am treating this truck it should last another 2 years easy worry free...i am praying on that fact and will revisit a service contract another time. They did their best to sell me a 2014 LR4 but i kind of like NO CAR PAYMENTS. Obviously if it is out of warranty..that means i own it. :)

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad

I stopped going to 3rd party shops to avoid something like this. One month after getting all my brakes done at the dealership i start my beast this morning to this nice view. Either the service guy did not change the sensors (they had not gone off when i took it in a month ago but he told me that would be going off very soon so i had them do the brakes) or he did not change the pads around the vehicle. Another trip to the dealership..another block of time wasted.

Attachments

• LR FIXED.jpg
    LR FIXED.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 59

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped going to 3rd party shops to avoid something like this. One month after getting all my brakes done at the dealership i start my beast this morning to this nice view. Either the service guy did not change the sensors (they had not gone off when i took it in a month ago but he told me that would be going off very soon so i had them do the brakes) or he did not change the pads around the vehicle. Another trip to the dealership..another block of time wasted.

They said it was a faulty rear brake sensor. Possible i suppose. OR since the sensor never went off...maybe the tech guy thought since he was putting on new pads...he did not need to change it.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go again with the water leak. This is my 4th time (on this thread) bringing in the beast to the dealer with the same passenger side water problem. Had a good rain here last week and when i was driving i literally heard a river flowing back and forth from the roof. I said to myself..no no no no and reached down to the floor mats and sure enough soaked. About 2hrs later i saw water coming from the passenger overhead air bag housing. Not nice. Brought it to the dealership on Tuesday morning and spoke to the service manager and told him i do not feel i should have to pay for it. He told me if he finds out that it was a leaf clogging the system (sun roof drain) than i would have to pay $160 and if he did not i would not have to pay. I shook his hand and thanked him and walked away prepared to get in touch with LR CORP about this. I had the previous 3 work orders in my hand to show him this consistent problem over the past 15 months. For him to even speak to me about paying for this was crazy. To top it all off...i was hoping they could have a quick turnaround on this however they explained to me that they were backed up and i would possibly get the car back in 4 days. I explained to him that my daughter was graduating in 2 days and i needed the vehicle sooner as all it is redirecting the drains so they do not bind. Not a complex job i would think. Did not even offer me a loaner or rental. Oh yeah...corporate is definitely going to hear from me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM