SAD ENDING TO OUR LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
That's hard to look at. There's a lot of value that's hard to quantify with that rig. 2013 in a hard to find color. It'll be a tough one to replace. Good to hear that that the Rover kept you all safe.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That color alone is a reasonable point as to why your truck might me worth more than lets say a white or black one in my opinion. It's a less produced color and gives it extra value due to its rarity. Maybe I'm wrong, but its a good point to bring up with your adjuster.

Seabassjfr

Reaction score
Thanks @ryanjl
Can you tell if there is any frame damage??
Apparently there was frame damage near the drivers wheel.

Yikes. Glad everyone is OK, that looks like a serious wreck. Would be curious to see what they offer you.

Will definitely let everyone know what was the settlement outcome. Haven't receive a number yet.

Paul Teague

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sad to announce that our Landie was hit recently by another driver running a red light at full speed. Thankfully no one was injured rather than back and neck soreness... We were surprised how the LR4 hold the impact (these cars are a tank), heavy damage on front drivers wheel and doors, the other car was destroyed. Insurance decided to Total our LR4, apparently they know how expensive will be to repair this car. We haven't settle yet for any ACV. From what i've seen online from my CARFAX records and current market pricing in our area, 2013 LR4 HSE V8 5.0 are selling around 18k-25k ball park. Our LR4 was in excellent conditions 103k Miles, we were expecting owning it for another 100k Miles for sure.

If anyone been in a similar situation please feel free to share any suggestions to have the best outcome from this sad situation.

Thanks in advance
Seabassjfr,

You are lucky to be alive! This is why we drive these tanks. Incredible to see the damage on the other guy. I hate idiots that run red lights. Its one of the most dangerous things you can do on the road.

allegro

Reaction score
I had a similar situation with my insurance totaling my 2012 LR4 a couple years ago following a front-end impact. I think it took the insurance company a week or two to get me their valuation, and then I had 7 days to decide what to do... meanwhile I paid a trusted shop out-of-pocket to do some disassembly and work up a detailed quote.

In the end, I took the salvage title and a check from the insurance company, kept the vehicle, and paid for the shop to repair it. It took months and I was out $5K or so in the ordeal... but the LR4 has been running great since and I'm so glad we went this route.

Very sorry to hear of your accident, and good luck!

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that you and your family are safe. Also glad to see how well the LR4 handled the impact. It’s one of the reasons I love mine. Looking forward to hearing what happens with the insurance. Make sure to keep super detailed records of every ache and pain - neck and back injuries have a way of being the “gift that keeps on giving”.

Matt Poirier

Reaction score
Yes, expect a lowball totalled value. Because it is 20k-ish and because you had sore backs and necks and because the pics are powerful, perhaps you should (if you receive the lowball) retain an attorney. I've had a few friends get lowballed on totalled vehicles. Good luck. I have the exact same car but a 2012 w/ 101k. Love it. Bought mine a year ago Oct for 20k.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV