Service Required?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday! I just got back from a weekend trip up to Bodega Bay, CA and noticed this morning that when I start the LR4, a "Service Required" warning pops up for a second and then disappears. Is this just telling me that I will need service soon? Do I need service now?

I bought the car in February 2011 and it currently has 6,200 miles. I know some folks talked about this in the past, but any suggestions?

I thought it would be way too early for my 1 year service!

Have a great day!

Regards, David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday! I just got back from a weekend trip up to Bodega Bay, CA and noticed this morning that when I start the LR4, a "Service Required" warning pops up for a second and then disappears. Is this just telling me that I will need service soon? Do I need service now?

I bought the car in February 2011 and it currently has 6,200 miles. I know some folks talked about this in the past, but any suggestions?

I thought it would be way too early for my 1 year service!

Have a great day!

Regards, David
Hi David,
It is going by the delivery date. If you want the first service free of charge you have to do it within a calendar year of delivery, regardless of mileage. So you have until late December or early February to get it done.
George

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
It is going by the delivery date. If you want the first service free of charge you have to do it within a calendar year of delivery, regardless of mileage. So you have until late December or early February to get it done.
George
Hi George,

Thank you for the reply. I knew we had free service if we had it done during the first 15,000 miles or 1 year (based on delivery date) - whichever comes first. I guess I am wondering if that pop-up "Service Required" message is just a pre-warning a few months before the 1 year is up? I can't imagine that I actually need service with only 6,000 miles on it.

As it gets closer to the 1 year, does the "Service Required" warning remain lit up? I will definitely get my first service done within the first year, but I was planning to wait until after the first of the year.

I guess I just want to make sure I am not driving it when it needs service. Sorry for the round-about question!

Hope you are doing well and you (and your wife) are still enjoying the new Lux! :)

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it either goes by time or date. suggest you service your vehicle
Thanks, socalrovershop!

I appreciate your response. I just have one more dumb question, sorry.... The "Service Required" light only comes on for about 1 second at start-up, but then goes away. Is this how it works or does it STAY ON normally when driving once I need it?

Sorry, I am just confused as I don't want to take it in too early.

Thanks, David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, socalrovershop!

I appreciate your response. I just have one more dumb question, sorry.... The "Service Required" light only comes on for about 1 second at start-up, but then goes away. Is this how it works or does it STAY ON normally when driving once I need it?

Sorry, I am just confused as I don't want to take it in too early.

Thanks, David

That's a pre warning David. Call your dealer and find out when is the latest you can do. I did the same thing. The light came on and I waited three months after checking with the dealer. Just check with them regarding the date for your vehicle, that way you can get a free service within the year. Loving the lux and having the voice command activated next week along with the tow assist feature.
Take care,
George

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a pre warning David. Call your dealer and find out when is the latest you can do. I did the same thing. The light came on and I waited three months after checking with the dealer. Just check with them regarding the date for your vehicle, that way you can get a free service within the year. Loving the lux and having the voice command activated next week along with the tow assist feature.
Take care,
George
Thanks, George!

I called the dealership, but completely forgot to ask about the computer software to enable voice activation. I will call again tomorrow. The service manager told me the exact same thing you were told, it's just a pre-warning and I would be fine to wait until closer to my 1 year to have service completed. My 1 year is February 5, 2012, so I will probably hold off on service until January 2012.

Thanks so much!

Regards, David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting the software patch for the voice recognition next tuesday. I will let you know how it goes. I used it in my 2010 mostly for calling. that's about it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting the software patch for the voice recognition next tuesday. I will let you know how it goes. I used it in my 2010 mostly for calling. that's about it.
Hey George,

Did you just call the dealership and make an appointment, or did you have to press them to do it for free? I doubt I'd use it hardly ever, but would be nice to have it for making calls. I think I used it once in my ML350. Thanks!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey George,

Did you just call the dealership and make an appointment, or did you have to press them to do it for free? I doubt I'd use it hardly ever, but would be nice to have it for making calls. I think I used it once in my ML350. Thanks!

-David

I called them and said that I noticed that the voice recognition is missing. They said "no problem, we can activate it." This is at no charge. It is an option on the vehicle and they will and cannot charge you. I had an appointment to get the tow electrics installed and programed, so they will do both at the same time.
George

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72