Short mud run then SQUEEAAAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dad2five

Reaction score
After a short slop through a muddy section today my drivers side front wheel issued forth a squeal that set my teeth on edge. It only lasted for about another 10 yards as I exited the other side, and I supposed that there was some debris in between the rotor and brake pad that worked its way loose.

Unfortunately, after leaving the off road situation and driving on the blacktop at appropriate height and on standard setting for about 10 miles, the damnable noise returned. My hypothesis about debris in the brakes seems less likely as it continued unchanged despite application of the brakes for stop signs and turns.

I was planning to simply hose out the wheel and brakes, and I've inspected the area with no gross abnormalities noted. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

dad2five

ByGuile

Reaction score
I had a squeal after my time in the black goo last summer.
It lasted for 50 kms or so. I think it was a pice of wood.
When I changed to the snow tires I had a look and there was no scoring on the brake rotor surface, so I think it is more of an annoyance than a problem.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3's are not made to play in the mud as such. I would, if I had spent that much money on that car always head straight for a do-it-yourself car wash and clean the entire vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9