Should I go w/ Santorini Black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I have mentioned before I have a Nara Bronze Lux w/ Vision and Heavy Duty on order and Arabica interior. But I may have a chance to get the same setup but it is Santorini Black. It has the "gray" roof rails.

It also has the wide step/running boards. Are they a benefit or a PITA?

And it has solver tops/covers for the side view mirrors. Is this some sort of "silver package"?

I've never had a black vehicle. I live in Colorado. Should I avoid black?

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I followed a Santorini black 2014 LR4 on the freeway for a few minutes today (first 2014 I see in the flesh.) It had 20" black wheels too, and looked Batman-sharp, especially the rear end with the new, blacked out tail lamps. Beautiful car, the signature daytime DRLs totally make it look like a Range Rover when it comes at you in the rear view mirror. Don't recall seeing silver mirror caps on it, though. I'm assuming the black rims meant it sported the black design package. It looked like it had just come out of a car wash. That's the problem with black cars, they don't look that way for long... And I wouldn't want to be in a black car here in hot and sunny SoCal.

Last edited:

mattwallace24

Reaction score
I live in Connecticut and have a 2013 LR4 w/Santorini Black and Black Design package. I love both the LR4 and the color. Yes, it gets dirty in the winter, but so does every other car. My wife has a white Audi Q5 and I think my black LR4 looks better than hers covered with the winter grim.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went down and looked it over. I could maybe get my head around black. It does look awesome when it is clean. But the silver tops on the side mirrors were too much for me. I'll just take another deep breath and hang in until June.

BTW, this dealership is getting calls from all over the country because they have a bunch of '14 LR4's and few others do. But they are only allowed to sell "in region".

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do know that LR sell mirror caps for the LR4 under their accessories listing? Someone could have simply fitted the noble silver or chrome mirror caps.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the black looks sharp - definitely classy. With that said, I would never want it because it shows everything and I wanted a non-metallic color that hides off road scratches.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the black looks sharp - definitely classy. With that said, I would never want it because it shows everything and I wanted a non-metallic color that hides off road scratches.

I have Santorini Black and I'm not sure it's metallic.
I love it even though it shows dirt quite a bit.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Santorini Black and I'm not sure it's metallic.
I love it even though it shows dirt quite a bit.
I was just saying in general I did not want metallic, I don't know which colors are and not. I really like LR4s all blacked out, very sharp.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black LR4s look "more expensive" Very nice when they are clean. The only problem is you'll see every little swirl mark and scratch and if youre like me it'll drive you nuts. I had a black lexus a few yrs ago and I swore it was the last black car I would own.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black LR4s look "more expensive" Very nice when they are clean. The only problem is you'll see every little swirl mark and scratch and if youre like me it'll drive you nuts. I had a black lexus a few yrs ago and I swore it was the last black car I would own.
I want to know if you are going with an LR4 for your next vehicle! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM