Should I take the plunge?

Buy the Car?

• Yes, join the horde!

• No, you missed the boat on the LR4, maybe get into the new defender game earlier

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Puig

Reaction score
Houm

Not really mud boggin on purpose but yes a lot of field crossings trying to get some place. I see all the points on the HD. I did do quite a bit of high berms by the river (haed sand and clay) with the older trucks. I did use the creeper gears. But unless its rock, a heavy rain on the same approach - HD, lockers whatever is not going to do anything - cause there will be no traction. But the winch will get you over...I do remember the old defender has a sort of low speed cruise control - it was manual and it allowed you to use the throttle by hand and lock it in place -

awesam

Reaction score
well, guys, i went to see her today and i'm smitten. i suppose i'll be relegated to mall-crawling with this thing, but on further introspection, i might've been kidding myself thinking i'd be able to take time away from my crazy physician hours to take up a new hobby. thanks again for all your advice and I hope to tap into this community as a resource for my future on-road LR4 questions...

2019-05-14 09.12.14 pm.png

2019-05-14 09.12.44 pm.png

2019-05-14 09.13.27 pm.png

2019-05-14 09.13.38 pm.png

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Michael Puig

I guess no one can argue that...if there is no traction then there is no traction. The HD package makes the LR4 a lot more capable though. That's just a fact.

@awesam

I think you'll be happy. It is a beautiful ride. You can still take it out to the woods 'n ****, you're just gonna be a little limited as compared to an HD rig. At least upgrade the tires and give yourself a puncher's chance!

Last edited:

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, guys, i went to see her today and i'm smitten. i suppose i'll be relegated to mall-crawling with this thing, but on further introspection, i might've been kidding myself thinking i'd be able to take time away from my crazy physician hours to take up a new hobby. thanks again for all your advice and I hope to tap into this community as a resource for my future on-road LR4 questions...

View attachment 9522

View attachment 9523

View attachment 9524

View attachment 9525

If I could find a set of those seat covers for a reasonable price, I would be putting them in mine. They do look good.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not unhappy with it just when chasing used; the options, condition and price will determine the colour.

I was tracking with your priorities and reasoning, but was just admiring that color. Indus Silver is another one that is a looker (IMO) but I don't see many of them around.

Santorini Black has grown on me but it would not have been my first choice after owning mostly gray vehicles. I snapped this one up based on low miles and excellent condition. That said, there are a few LR colors that I would have had a very tough time buying.

awesam

Reaction score
Sign of a true (whether new or old) Land Rover fan-- when logic and reason reach their limits, there has to be an element of delight that comes from deep within. You know it when you feel it. Congrats on this beauty.

Lol glad to be inducted into the hallowed halls

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was tracking with your priorities and reasoning, but was just admiring that color. Indus Silver is another one that is a looker (IMO) but I don't see many of them around.

Santorini Black has grown on me but it would not have been my first choice after owning mostly gray vehicles. I snapped this one up based on low miles and excellent condition. That said, there are a few LR colors that I would have had a very tough time buying.

I like my Santorini Black just fine, but, given the option, I won't ever own a black vehicle again. It's such a PITA to keep it looking clean.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM