Show off your Discover 4/LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because her view out the passenger door is not as good as your 2-year old's?

This was a serious question. Since we both have 2-year olds, I am really interested in how you know your 2-year old is happier in the LR4 than the other cars you have. What method did you use to determine this? What are the other vehicles? Is she seriously able to tell the difference between the various vehicles and communicate her level of satisfaction/dissatisfaction for one versus the others to you? If so, this is impressive, from both a parent's and Land Rover's perspective. All of this is information that will help me make my next vehicle choice. If LR4s are capable of making such a positive impression on 2-year olds, then this will help me in my decision process. Thanks in advance.

I'll take this one Alex.... How we know they are happier...Lets see, they are quiet and entertained without needed DVD or special music. The car I had before this was a VW Passat and it had deep bucket seats. Even my 10 year old, struggled seeing out the front windshield b/c of he deep seats. Madison, even in her car seat, was not high enought to really have a good view out of the window, so she would get antsy and impatient a lot quicker than she does now. She now stares out the window happily and calls out cars she sees, and airplanes, and boats, etc and sometimes just sits there quietly enjoying the view. She can go for hours in my LR4 completely content compared to my last car...or any car with low seats or bucket seats. So there ya go....

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take this one Alex.... How we know they are happier...Lets see, they are quiet and entertained without needed DVD or special music. The car I had before this was a VW Passat and it had deep bucket seats. Even my 10 year old, struggled seeing out the front windshield b/c of he deep seats. Madison, even in her car seat, was not high enought to really have a good view out of the window, so she would get antsy and impatient a lot quicker than she does now. She now stares out the window happily and calls out cars she sees, and airplanes, and boats, etc and sometimes just sits there quietly enjoying the view. She can go for hours in my LR4 completely content compared to my last car...or any car with low seats or bucket seats. So there ya go....
UGAgirl97 is right! I don't have children, but my houseguests seem to love the LR4. My mom, aunt, and cousin all visited fairly recently and commented on how much more comfortable the LR4 was compared to my ML350. In particular, they liked the command seating and told me how great it was to see out the windows like a bus. Hehe!

I know my dog also loves it, as he just sits there in the backseat and looks out the window. I don't put him in the cargo area because he hates it. Plus, he's really calm and just sits there on a chair pad.

The only complaint I received was that there was no "official" middle arm rest in the back seat of the LR4. You can put the back part of the seat down, but it's a bit low.

Regards, David

nerve64

Reaction score
Maybe UGAgirl should send her 2-year old to a neuropsychologist to help answer your question. Also, I will gather enough 2-year olds and start a double-blind, statistically significant scientific study and publish my findings in a peer-reviewed medical journal.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sorry for your 2-year old because she has you for a parent. Her view out of whatever you drive is the least of her problems.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe UGAgirl should send her 2-year old to a neuropsychologist to help answer your question. Also, I will gather enough 2-year olds and start a double-blind, statistically significant scientific study and publish my findings in a peer-reviewed medical journal.

Ha! Good one.

Marty

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Checked out this thread to look for some LR4's in action, and hit two pages of adults acting like 2 year olds.

More LR4 pics please....

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious what the other cars were that your child couldn't see out of from a car seat? I have a 2-year old as well and I'm trying to imagine how I would be able to tell that she is enjoying one type of vehicle better than another. Doesn't seem plausible that she would emote that type of feeling at her young age.

My Son is two-years-old and definitely likes my LR4 over my old e90 M3. Most car-makers are pulling up the waistline like a wedgy – leaving very little greenhouse to actually enjoy the world around us. It seems car-makers want to ensconce the driver and passengers in some sort of void, removed from the real world… removed from reality. The Land Rover brand keeps the waistline low, for visibility and safety, as did most German car makers… but they’re chasing fad rather than function. AND, yes, my two-year-old can tell the difference, he has an IQ likely higher than some folks 'we' know.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, back on topic. After a trip to the beach and driving through salty sands it deserved a clean-up:

IMG-20110802-00089.jpg

And after 2 hours, truck is all clean back home:

IMG-20110802-00092.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak