Brasil landie here. Had some fun in the mountains in Minas Gerais. A lot of very sticky mud there. Camped inside the car for a couple of days to see how it would go.
Couple of mods on the green lady:
- Mantec raised air intake
- Frontrunner roof rack
- Frontrunner aux battery support
- CTEK aux battery controller setup
- Headlight/Tail light guards
- Aliexpress reflective all-around window cover (cheap, surprisingly good quality)
- RAW Offroad 18" wheels (these barely fit, had to trim the brake calipers), since it's impossible to get a compomotive or terrafirma set around here, had to work with what we had. People use these on Dodge Rams 2500 with different bolt pattern around here, so I think I'm safe.
- 285/65 R18 BFG KO2's (great tires, lkess noisy than I expected). These are rubbing all over so some mods are needed to provide enough clearance. Should have gone with a 60 instead of a 65, but oh well.
Future planned mods
- light bar on the rack
- work lights on the sides
- rocklights underneath
- solar panel in front of the rooftop tent to use as a windbreak
- rear wheel carrier and steel bumper
- front winchbumper with a winch
- aluminum aux diesel tank in the spare tire space
- saddle water tanks on the space under the passenger hooked up to a seaflo pump
- heat exchanger on the coolant line that runs to the rear aircon unit, so the water in the tanks can be used for a hot shower if needed
- shower enclosure on the rack;
- compressed air reservoir (probably will mod a small fire extinguisher bottle hooked to the CKMTA12),
- sleeping platform for the trunk with a drawer and drawer-fridge, maybe some space for the CKMTA12 compressor and a power inverter.