Shutting Down While Driving, Restarting After Cooling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joieljc

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 2001 Disco, based on this my husband is buying a sensor and fixing it tomorrow. I have been told to ask what tools he will need to take with him to get this done. Thanks for the assist!

Pac8541

Reaction score
I'm the husband.

Looking at the part online it appears its just 2 bolts that hold it on one end and a electrical plug on the other but I haven't actually identified the sensor location nor do I have the vehicle nearby to look at it. Please let me know if there is something else I need to be prepared for. I'll be driving to the vehicle in the morning with my tools to repair it and hopefully get it driven home. Thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Metric tools... can't remember the sizes off the top of my head, if you have a lap top, I would download the Rave CD and then you will have the repair manual handy.

To download the RAVE manual, follow this link http://www.landroverresource.com/

Pac8541

Reaction score
7mm for the little cover deal that houses the sensor, 8mm on the sensor itself. Hardest part about swapping it out was detaching the plug end. Then I discovered I could reach it from the top...

So far, so good. Hopefully thats all it was.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9