Silencing horn with suspension remote use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to silence the horn response when raising or lowering the suspension using the remote?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing such an option to turn it off or on in the CCF editor of my IIDTool (although that editor is incomplete and more options are being added.) If I had to guess, I'd say it's not possible. Just like the hazards, the horn response must be considered a safety measure that can't be bypassed.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, was afraid of that but worth a shot. Hate to be the noisy neighbor when connecting a trailer early in the day.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is at the tail end of the suspension section in the manual:

"Pressing and holding the button, then briefly pressing the unlock button on the remote will cause the air suspension to lower, provided that the hazard warning lamps have been switched on. If any button is released during the raising or lowering of the suspension, all movement of the suspension will stop. It will restart once the buttons are pressed again."

Attachments

• 2010key.jpg
    2010key.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 25

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tested this to confirm on 2011 LR4 HSE-Lux; hazard flashers MUST be on, but suspension raising and lowering works as mentioned above. There is no sound from the horn.

It is sort of annoying that hazards must be on, so for example you can't approach with an armload of groceries and drop the vehicle to access mode for loading. First one must get in and turn the flashers on...I guess lawyers thought this would be safer.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, are you saying you changed a setting in the CCF to disable the horn? Or you have no horn at all when the buttons are pressed to lower/raise?

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had the horn come on when I've demonstrated this feature either.

Do you have the doors closed when you're lowering it? I could see that causing the horn to beep, as it is a remote function, may be sending a mislock signal even though it isn't locking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo