Silly windshield wiper question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonz

Reaction score
Last time we had some snow, I tried to lift the wipers off the wind screen to keep from icing up. I quickly found out that they wouldn't lift that far and lock into place.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Every other vehicle I've owned, I could just pull them back and they would lock into place, off the windshield.

I feel stupid for even asking about this, but we are expecting some snow/ice on Monday.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with yours, that's one of the silly design oversights on the LR3 (my older Sport had the same non-folding wiper arms as well) that were corrected in the LR4. The stock blades are actually very easy to snap off and back on their J-hooks once you figure out the little tab thingie. Or, you can use something between windshield and arms to prop the blades away from the glass. Make sure you turn off the auto wipers feature and put the heated windshield to good use the morning after, if you have one.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....that's one of the silly design oversights on the LR3 that were corrected in the LR4.

So really you say? My first thought is "wonder if the LR4 arm will mount onto the lr3 stud......

I HATE the dumb partial/non-folding design.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They certainly look like they will swap, same shape to the arms and shaft size. But it will have to be a lot warmer than it is right now to get me to swap them and tell you for sure.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They certainly look like they will swap, same shape to the arms and shaft size. But it will have to be a lot warmer than it is right now to get me to swap them and tell you for sure.

Oh cool. You're going to give it a try?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Or you could move to warmer climate ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, good idea. I hate the darn LR3 blades barely lifting off the glass. It had not occured to me to look at the LR4 wiper arms. Probably the next time I replace the stupid winshield cowl I will look into this swap.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, good idea. I hate the darn LR3 blades barely lifting off the glass. It had not occured to me to look at the LR4 wiper arms. Probably the next time I replace the stupid winshield cowl I will look into this swap.

Exactly! My original cowl has that dumb poochy gap in the middle.

Did you know that windscreen run-off, if too much, is designed to basically flow right into the cabin vent on the passenger side?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99