Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I am done with mods for my LR4.
My first upgrade was T44 rock sliders, then I put compomotive wheels with BFG TA/KO 265/65R18. Several weeks ago I installed Asfir sump guard.
Finally today I had T44 fuel tank and transfer case skid plates installed. ( too heavy for me to do the install myself).
It is a great underbody protection "kit". One thing I was unaware was that fuel tank skid plate goes over existing OE plate. It does hang lower and ground clearance is affected slightly but no worry about punctures now.
The picture is not of my truck but shows how T44 skid plates look like installed.

Attachments

• lr3skid pics-2.jpg
    lr3skid pics-2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI to anyone interested, I just ordered a new Asfir plate from Israel (the one on my car was already a bit out of whack and got damaged further when I had my accident), price of shipping has decreased slightly to $189 (or perhaps it is cheaper because I am in California?), so $514 total.

Last edited:

Causeway LR4

Reaction score
I had a terrible time with ASFIR. Front sump plate was smaller than OEM and had a 2" gap on both sides. Went back and forth with US ASFIR rep and Urban off-road for over a year with no resolution. Cannot recommend thier product at all.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Asfir sump guard was designed for the LR3, and although it will fit the LR4, it is by no means an OEM fit, especially the "vanity" part (the front end that you see.) I knew what to expect when I installed my first one and was reasonably satisfied with the product, hopefully won't have any trouble with the incoming replacement (which I plan on powder coating, just like the first one.) AFAIK, Urban Offroad dropped the distribution of Asfir in the US well over a year ago, citing quality conteol issues with this manufacturer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72