slashed tire!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruffinit

Reaction score
Man oh man, the night before new years i'm at a friends house having myself a good time. I come outside to go home, and my right front tire is slashed. I'm soo ******, but what can ya do, slap on the spare and go home. Here's my question. What should I do now? Now I have 3 tires with 12k miles on them and 1 with 10 miles on it. Should I change some, or what? i know if it was like a sports car its different than this situation. Do I need the same tire wear on all 4? the front 2? Please help! I'm hoping this is covered under insurance with no deductible and increase in premium

D

disco1

This will depend on how much wear there is on the other 3 tires compared to the spare. The rolling diameter of all the tires should be the same to avoid diff damage. If it's 1/8" - 1/4" I guess it might be OK, however, to be really certain, you will need 3 new tires. As I don't live in the USA, I don't know how you will make out with insurance.

D

discomike

I would buy one new tires and put it and the spare on the same axle, put one of the worn tires on the spare carrier.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo