Sound upgrades for 2010 upgraded 480W Harmon/Kardon Logic7 14 speakers System?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I drove my dads 2017 Discovery 5 with the upgraded 825W Meridian surround sound system driven to 14 speakers and realized that my cars system was horrible compared to the new one. In the back seats there is almost no bass, The doors rattle too much, and the mids are a bit too flat. I’ve searched around the web but all I can find is upgrades for the 825W Harmon/Kardon Logic7 system with 17 speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions on things that will help any of these problems that are less then $500 and don’t require too much work or me ripping my whole car apart. Thanks

gumbedamit

Reaction score
Today I drove my dads 2017 Discovery 5 with the upgraded 825W Meridian surround sound system driven to 14 speakers and realized that my cars system was horrible compared to the new one. In the back seats there is almost no bass, The doors rattle too much, and the mids are a bit too flat. I’ve searched around the web but all I can find is upgrades for the 825W Harmon/Kardon Logic7 system with 17 speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions on things that will help any of these problems that are less then $500 and don’t require too much work or me ripping my whole car apart. Thanks

Were you using the radio as a source? Garbage in/Garbage out

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: the door rattle, I've found that the edges of the door trim piece, (either "wood" or piano black depending on model), was the culprit, at least on mine. You can wedge a bit of moleskin or the soft side of velcro under the edges to quiet it down.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, our LR4's audio systems live at the bad confluence of being fully integrated into our vehicles, yet not being very good.

Everything has been designed to work in conjunction with one-another (source, amps, speakers) in terms of impedance, placement, etc., so to really make any improvements would require gutting the whole thing up to the head unit and starting anew with a processor that can use the head unit as a source-only and then new amps and speakers on down. I've been told this would take $3 to 4k.

Ironically, if we had just some POS with a clapped out head unit, some wire, and some speakers, the job would be a lot easier and cheaper.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM