Steering Wheel Noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrtp4

Reaction score
I didn't even get new tires - they just put on my winters (Nokian) to confirm the same problem was there regardless of the tires, then switched back to my OEM continentals. They don't really know what to do next... (neither do I!)

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you had the same problem despite a different brand of tires on your car??? If so, that is disappointing...in that i was hoping this was an oem tire issue.

mrtp4

Reaction score
Confirmed - I don't think it is a tire issue. Nokian makes really good tires and the problem was still there.

Anyone else experience the same problem we have? Vibrations in the steering wheel each morning (or anytime the truck has been sitting for say ~ 8 hrs) at highway speeds. The vibrations gradually go away after about 20 minutes of driving (so they are never present by the time you drive to the dealer). But back again just as strong the next day.

Definitely not tire balance - both Cypress and I have had our tires re-balanced on multiple occassions, even tried different tires, same problem. Any LR techs out there have any other ideas what could be wrong mechanically?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I noticed it after leaving my truck at the airport after a trip and vibration lasted about 10 minutes then went away. My conclusion was cold air in the tires since the garage was very cold and only after the tires warmed up did it go away. But now reading this, maybe it's something mechanical as mentioned above.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed - I don't think it is a tire issue. Nokian makes really good tires and the problem was still there.

Anyone else experience the same problem we have? Vibrations in the steering wheel each morning (or anytime the truck has been sitting for say ~ 8 hrs) at highway speeds. The vibrations gradually go away after about 20 minutes of driving (so they are never present by the time you drive to the dealer). But back again just as strong the next day.

Definitely not tire balance - both Cypress and I have had our tires re-balanced on multiple occassions, even tried different tires, same problem. Any LR techs out there have any other ideas what could be wrong mechanically?

I don't have this problem on my LR4, BUT, the first time I test drove one, I noticed the vibration as I drove at higher speeds on the interstate. It was really bothersome and I asked my sales guy what the prob was. He said that the trucks do that sometimes after they have been sitting for some time, but he assured me it would go away after about 10 mins. It did get better, but the vibrations did not disappear. That perplexed me and worried me a bit. He then said I could try and put nitrogen in the tires instead of air and I prob wouldn't have that prob. Huh??? Maybe so. So anyway, the day we went to pick up my LR4, I told him I wanted to drive it a GOOD bit before we start the paperwork. This was a different vehicle Thant the one I test drove a couple months earlier. Well, no vibration at all and still none. So I just figured some LR4s have an issue and some dont. I can't really figure that out either. I hope you guys find an answer soon b/c I certainly know what you are experiencing and that would drive me crazy.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As per my original post to this thread, I had the vibration once when I first got my LR4. It was sitting in a parking lot for two days and was very hot. I have not heard / felt the vibration since that time a few months ago.

Please continue to keep us posted, as I just don't think this should be a normal part of the truck.

-David

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine making some noise when turning over 180 degrees.
Sound is coming from the column, or the back of the airbag..
No vibration, no nothing, sounds like a lack of lubrication.
And only noticeable when quiet, low speed, stereo off.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mrtp4...i have the regional mgr coming to the dealer to look at mine....anything new with yours?? If you still have it, ask the regional mgr to get involved...this would help us both very much to have more than just an isolated case!!!

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Loving our LR4 for about 6 weeks now but I've noticed this vibration you all speak of. Just wondering if the TSB mentioned by Franky fixed everyone's issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72