Stereo oddities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 SE trim level stereo. My Kenwood V500 managing the GPS, iPhone, USB, and DVD devices into the factory AUX port. My Bluetooth is the older style with out phone book capability.

#1 - If I set the LR stereo subwoofer setting to off (full left), the bass response actually gets slightly better. With 3rd row seats open, its way better with out the sub. Its clear that the amp engages some crossover for the speakers when the sub is turned on. The sub is working, but it is clearly weaker than the 4 midbass speakers or it is out of phase and is actually canceling the bass.

#2 - With the iPhone (os 3.0.1) connected via bluetooth I can lockup with stereo by rejecting a call with the top iPhone button. The stereo get stuck in phone mode and will not shut off even after the car is off. 4 hours after parking and locking the car, it was still on and stuck. I cleared the problem by placing another call via bluetooth. Once I hung up, stereo goes back to normal. If I use the steering wheel button to reject calls, no problems.

Anyone else confirm these same issues, or is it just me?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9