Suggestions for a good Tire Repair Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the one to get. I had to get rid of the bulky orange carry case, stuffed all parts in a small duffel bag with a better pressure gauge and stashed the bag under my folded third row seats with other emergency goodies (compressor, shackles, ****** strap, gloves, jumper cables, etc.) Other than that bulky case, it is probably the best tire repair tool kit out there, unlike cheaper ones you find at auto parts stores those handles will never break no matter how much stress you put on them when reaming the tire.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Not a big fan of digital pressure gauges personally (past experiences with them) but as long as it's accurate... :adore:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not knowledgeable enough to make recommendations on pressure gauges... If yours works well, that's great. The one I linked above is the one I use and seems very accurate - I also like the "hold" feature, how easy it is to mate it to the valve stem without losing air all over the place, and how the face is so clear and easy to read (and glows in the dark), my eyesight ain't that good anymore. I had smaller gauges before that were very hard to read and to position onto the valve stem without lots of air hissing away first, and a super-duper digital one I spent lots of money on that was normally off by 4-5 bars, despite all the fancy features.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The liquid filled gauges that power tank sells have always worked well for me. They are a little slower to readout (wait for the needle to reach the actual level), but they have taken serious abuse and haven't failed.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I'm in agreement that no batteries is better. I'm already too much a ***** to recharging or replacing batteries. Here's my gauge. The Blue Point TPG-60 (from Snap-On.) Sadly no longer available from Snap-On, but they can be found on e-Bay. I like that it doesn't have a hose, and it holds the reading until released.
40263.jpg

If I were buying a gauge today, I'd be looking hard at this Accu-gauge EZ-Air. It clips onto the tire valve, and has a second Schrader valve that you can use to fill the tire without swapping back and forth between the gauge and the filler multiple times.

Tire-Gauge---EZ-Air.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Accu-Gage-Air-Check-Inflate-Tires/dp/B000Z33Y1E

Regarding the tire repair kit. The ARB kit is great. Another good name is Safety Seal. I've repaired tires enough times now that I can pull a nail, repair the tire, and still have enough air in the tire to drive on. Some folks don't consider this type of repair to be permanent, but all the repairs I've done have been.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM