Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mach1s

Reaction score
Tested the compressor as shown and nothing. Smells bad as well. Looking for a replacement. Anyone purchased anything from Rovers Land (Ebay) Says rebuilt compressor w/1 year warranty for $405.45 shipped. Good Deal or not??

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the fine print!! ie return polices before you buy any used parts over the internet. Sometimes the value just isn't there! I have heard of new compressors over ebay for 200ish.. plus shipping

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try searching the forum(s), I recall reading something somewhere about sourcing a replacement air compressor from a ford dealer for significantly less... I think it's the same compressor as was used by a Expedition / Navigator?

Mach1s

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what year Expedition (Ford) Compressor works on the LR3? Does anyone have a diagram as far as what the ports on the pump are and maybe a diagram of the EAS system? Would like to setup an schrader valve to pump up the air springs in case of failure like this. It's hard to drive on the bump stops!

Mach1s

Reaction score
Expedition Pump

Here's a picture. Hopefully this works. The lines are different and the wiring.

Attachments

• Expedition Pump.jpg
    Expedition Pump.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Pump2.jpg
    Pump2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pic of the LR015303G shows ports on the top of the compressor that I don't see on the ford unit. I wonder if it is just the picture or what. Might be worth a trip to the ford dealer with your old compressor to visually match thinks up. It might also be worth an email or call to arnott industries to see if they can rebuild yours or they may even have something else in the works. www.arnottindustries.com

Last edited:

Mach1s

Reaction score
Talked to Marion @ arnott and he said they have nothing yet for the LR3. Said they are working on the bags first. He thinks the Ford pump will work but no thermal switch and different mounting locations. He is going to send me a spec. sheet on it so I can compare it to the LR3 pump. Here is a picture of there HD Expedition Pump . I will post the specs when I get them!! :albertein (and the plot thickens!)

Attachments

• Arnott Pump.jpg
    Arnott Pump.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 138

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen Mr. Glasscock's post about the Ford compressor, but did he actually put one in? It wasn't clear if he was just speculating about it or if he actually did install the Ford compressor. What sort of faults accumulate without the temperature sensor? I know that the LR3 monitors the temperature sensor and perhaps that harness also sends other key information.

I've done the schrader valve conversion on the air tank. I got the idea from bbyer, a member on this forum. He has pics and a detailed description in his disco3 gallery. I put the schrader valve on last year when my compressor died; the LR3 was on the bumpstops and I was hoping that filling the air tank would cause the LR3 to rise. It wasn't really successful for a number of reasons. The air tank has a nominal pressure of something like 215 psi. Other than the factory suspension compressor, I don't have access to anything that could fill the air tank to that psi. I was able to fill the air tank to about 145 psi using my standalone compressor. I then tried raising the vehicle. In some cases that back would rise but not the front. In most cases neither the back or the front would raise. After refilling the air tank a million times and trying to raise the vehicle, I finally was able to get both the front and back to rise. I then pulled the suspension fuses to ensure that the vehicle didn't lower. This kept the vehicle up for a few days, while I waited for my replacement compressor to come in the mail, but then the vehicle started sagging. I think I tried getting the vehicle to rise again by refilling the air tank, but at that point it was too much of a hassle to go through the whole procedure again, and I think I just resigned to waiting for the new compressor to arrive. I wonder if the vehicle would have consistently raised if I was able to get more pressure into the air tank.

There is a company called Faskit that makes a different type of air tank bypass (I also saw this in bbyer's gallery). Their product basically interfaces directly with the four air bags. You can connect your outboard air compressor directly to their unit, and by flipping the appropriate switch, you choose which air bag you want to fill. It looked like a good idea.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72