Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Co2 bottle

I carry a co2 bottle. 2.5# is nice and small. It has a couple thousand pounds. This should be able to be adapted to the LR3 tank if needed in a pinch.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...Joe...how exactly is a CO2 bottle adapted?

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...Joe...how exactly is a CO2 bottle adapted?

I haven't done, but I use a regulator with a standard tool hose. Fixed at 150# output. If you got an adjustable, you could push it up to the 215#. It would just have to be adapted to the plastic connection that enters the tank. Maybe a tee add a tee with quick disconnect? Just thinking. I haven't sized it up but should not be too difficult as most of this is off the shelf tubing. :albertein

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4138&pos=3. There might be a way to tee off the line that exits from the dryer to allow for a second feed to the accumulator. ??? Just need a 6mm tee and cut the tubing. Adapt that to the second air supply. like this? https://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=0441441&ucst=t

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the CO2 bottle itself? Can you describe it a bit...? I think I've seen them...do they look like gigantic whippet bottles?

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the CO2 bottle itself? Can you describe it a bit...? I think I've seen them...do they look like gigantic whippet bottles?

co2.jpg
The regulator I have is a fixed 150# like this ...
http://eastsidecustomtruck.com/i-61362-hyperflo-fixed-regulator.html

It takes a standard quick connect hose fitting. I have a 25ft non-coil hose. 300# rating poly so it is still flexible in the cold. Those cheap plastic one can become brittle and break at low temps.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would something like this work: http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/909_912/products_id/22876

It looks like it doesn't need power either, right? Is that the idea behind a pressurized tank like this?

So then in theory you COULD pull this puppy out of the back of the rig, **** the fuses for the EAS, cut the air hoses to each air spring, connect some push-on fittings so that you can put the end of this hose onto it and fill up each spring.

I know this is sounding like a $400 insurance policy against being stuck on my bumpstops with 32" tires...but at least these tanks are dual-purpose because they'd be great if I wanted to air down at the trail head and then air back up.

Looks like I found my "toy" for 2011 ladies & gentlemen!!!

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would something like this work: http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/909_912/products_id/22876

It looks like it doesn't need power either, right? Is that the idea behind a pressurized tank like this?

So then in theory you COULD pull this puppy out of the back of the rig, **** the fuses for the EAS, cut the air hoses to each air spring, connect some push-on fittings so that you can put the end of this hose onto it and fill up each spring.

I know this is sounding like a $400 insurance policy against being stuck on my bumpstops with 32" tires...but at least these tanks are dual-purpose because they'd be great if I wanted to air down at the trail head and then air back up.

Looks like I found my "toy" for 2011 ladies & gentlemen!!!

I built mine for 130$.
50$ for tank
55$ for regulator
15$ for Hose
10$ for Fill
You can have them refilled at some welding supply places. OxArc in Central WA fills for 9$. I also use it for air tools on and off road. Instead of waiting for my air compressor to fill if it is a quick repair.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that when the rig drops down to the bumpstops, it's usually not due to a loss of pressure in the air tank or a failed compressor. The purge happens at the valve blocks. If you don't pressurize upstream of the blocks, odds are that nothing will happen. I would think that you would have to tap into the line which goes directly into the airbag. I could be wrong though.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Hammy...that's what I was envisioning too. Tap in just before each airbag, first pulling the 3 fuses that relate to the EAS.

It's an emergency "get home" deal. Hope to never have to do it. just want to know if it's doable. I imagine that when at bumpstops it would be HELL to get to each airbag/airline.

Mach1s

Reaction score
Back on Topic

Got the Ford compressor and it is different. It may work but you will still throw codes is it has no provisions for the thermal sensor and the exaust is not compatable. Look at the pics. I broke down the Ford unit to see what went wrong with it and it seems to have a severe moisture problem. Maybe submerged in water too long or something. The cylinder is noticable smaller as well.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members