Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend a used compressor. They seem to last 40-60k. I would also recommend getting the codes read before you start throwing parts at it.

Mach1s

Reaction score
Follow the link above from hell pie. I think someone on that thread had the dealer fix theirs for a cost of about $1400,00 as I recall. he pump is very easy to replace with very few tools needed. There is a thread that someone started showing it step by step. A new air pump from LR is like $800.00 which is why I went with a used one for $200.00. If you will need to take it to the dealer for repair, I guess you just have them trouble shoot the problem 4U.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
The compressor is about $605-$640 from the dealer and another 200 for labor. I was just quoted a price of $884 + tax from my dealer here in Ohio. If you do find a replacement comp. (good luck, I have looked all over the place to find one that is less than 600 bucks and its essentially impossible right now) and installed it yourself you still need to take it to the dealer for reprogramming. So I decided since that was the case and there are also some upgrades they will perform on the suspension that it was best just to make the appt. Anyway, the comp. is a crucial part on the LR3 and one I don't think needs to be compromised in any way. I also believe that with the newer comp. (LR023964) and the upgraded computer info the suspension will be more trustworthy and hopefully last a long time. Good Luck.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
Roverland Parts is waiting for part#LR015303 the older comp. but who knows when it will be available? they want $495 for it. I was willing to wait for them to get it instock but its taking forever so basically I can't wait any longer so I went the Dealer route. With so many compressor issues I thought they would be a little more accessible, but thats not the case.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Hey thank you Phil I'm also in Ohio I'm in Cincinnati hopefully I can get this figured out I'm jus goin to set the appointment and see what they think the problem is bc right now it's jus the light and info center saying normal height only...I don't go off roading or anything so how big of an issue can it b if I jus deal with the light and not go in right away?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALL-STAR1, your suspension fault will need to be addressed at some point, otherwise you will eventually find yourself driving a very bumpy lowrider. Have you tried raising the vehicle to off road height? That would be one way to test if the suspension compressor needs to be replaced.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can order new here.... $621.04

They've been fine for me. You might also check into a "renewal kit" I know they make one, as mine was "renewed" under warranty.... ah, well, perhaps another quest, now that i've found the differential rebuild parts and kits..

If you learn anything about the renewal kit, or part number, please share it.

http://www.landrovermerriamparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=215719

The same part from our local LR dealer is 747.12 if you order on their web site, or 1400.00 if you pay them 120 an hour to install it.

Last edited:

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Just tried to raise to off road height hell pie and it said suspension fault normal height only

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely compressor.. Check out this thread though. The third post or so shows the off road screen, which looks interesting if it's a sensor problem....

I previously posted info on the full compressor. Ask about a renew kit.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic62359.html

PhilSessions

Reaction score
I can get my rig to raise and lower but sometimes it feels as if its not "perfectly" balanced and the fault is thrown within a min. of adjustment and the compressor runs a very long time. The dealer told me the compressor is "bad", so I asked if it was a height sensor or something else that was causing the Fault and they told me if that were the case the diagnostic would show that. I go in on monday for the new comp. and I bet they will find something else. I did verify through an electrician friend of mine that a compressor can be weak and still work,but I want to TRUST my LR and be confident that its up to par. FWIW, I could be overly cautious but get your rig checked out. At least then you will know what youre up against. What do you think the odds of the dealer giving me the old compressor so I can get the rebuild kit and travel with a spare?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM