Talk me Down !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you found something that will work for you! So much depends on what you need and how you use it. I spend 3 hours at the Toyota dealer this past week test driving and measuring and "envisioning" how I would use a 2014 LC. The more I sat in it and studied it and considered how we would use it the more I was convinced that the LR4 will be the best choice for us. (And later that day I received word that our LR4 will arrive two weeks earlier than originally thought!)

I would list the things that turned me away from the LC but they all have to do with preference and how we will use it. (For me style and look is not important but functionality is and functionality is very dependent on how you will use it.)

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, its time for me to step away from LR for a while. As previously mentioned, I really wanted a new vehicle and I just couldn't trade in my 2011 for a new style 2014.

Last week I traded in my 2011 LR4 for a new 2014 Land Cruiser. So far I'm happy, but they are hardly comparable. I think the LC is a lot more rugged and reliable, but nothing beats the LR fit and finish. Everyday I find something that I miss about the LR and something new that I like with the LC.

I'll definitely be back. The Land Rover is a part of me and always will be. I'm crossing my fingers that somebody will wake up and build us a discovery to replace the LR4 and not a grocery getting mall runner. How about a simple diesel with 400+ torque so I can tow with it. Anyway, love Land Rover, Love this board, and will truly playing with the LR. I'll be around and will try to chime in when I can. I'm making big plans for the LC and even installed a VIAIR onboard air system this weekend. Babysteps.

PS. I still have five brand new Compromotive wheels in my garage looking for a new home.

BTW, though the Land Cruiser isn't for me (the reliability does really sound appealing at the moment) I do like a few things like Dynamic Cruise (which I have on my MDX and very handy on long trips), larger touch screen and better camera setup (the forward looking camera with project front wheel tracks is pretty cool), the ventilated seats (nice in hot weather), the V8 (vrooom), somewhat higher towing capacity (OK, not that much higher).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72