Things to improve MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roughtx

Reaction score
I know it is a 95 RRC, but the lwb model with the 4.2 I have heard to get significantly better gas mileage. I am now getting 12-13 mpg the 3 times I measured. Yes it is a new rover for me so I am not really taking it easy on the truck. Also, as I mentioned in another post, the idle is somewhat bouncy. I am working to fix that problem which should help the mpg.

Any other things to do to get the better gas mileage?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What octane gas are you running, should be the highest octane you can get? Run your tires at 40 pounds all the way around and what about a tune up, plugs wires, good gas additive and a induction cleaning.

Roughtx

Reaction score
I checked the tires and run 91 octane, the wires look new (steam cleaned so I don't know how new). I have new plugs coming. How do you do an induction cleaning? You mean new air filter and clean MAF?

I haven't replaced the filter, but I checked today again and got 12.9 mpg.

markwoodlief

Reaction score
How do you do an induction cleaning?

Seafoam the intake... I did it on my series II disco and my 00 Range HSE, both 4.6's They make it nice and easy :proud: i dont have the link off hand but do a little searching for seafoam on rovers.. I did seafoam on my air intake this morning and a can in the tank, put brand new plug wires and am up to 13.8 driving around 50/50 city/hiway today, was getting 12.2 yesterday

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the tires and run 91 octane, the wires look new (steam cleaned so I don't know how new). I have new plugs coming. How do you do an induction cleaning? You mean new air filter and clean MAF?

I haven't replaced the filter, but I checked today again and got 12.9 mpg.

If you are still having problems, send me your number and I'll call and try to help you.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What size tires are you using? Roof Rack? Any thing that might cause drag other than the design?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM