Things you wish you knew when you purchased your first Land Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Umberto or Dave,

Where do you guys recommend I buy a Dring and tow straps? Thanks for the list of items, Umberto!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Umberto or Dave,

Where do you guys recommend I buy a Dring and tow straps? Thanks for the list of items, Umberto!
I have several D-rings and a lot of tow straps. The D-rings came from eBay and Amazon and the tow straps came directly from the ARB store online. I think I also bought a few of my straps from eBay. I hope that helps!

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- Jump start cables, a decent air compressor, an ARB tire repair kit, a full set of spare fuses, and a high quality tire pressure gauge / deflator (all in a gym bag stashed under the folded third row seats);

Umberto, how did you fit this under the folded third row seats? Any chance you can take a pic? Reason I ask is that I too have third row seats, but when folded flat/flush with the rest of the cargo area, I didn't know there is a way to stuff a duffle bag in?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just partially lift the 3rd row seat's bottom cushions (using the button thingies on the floor, just behind the second row seatbacks), you'll be amazed at how much space you will find between those pivoting cushions and the floor to store stuff. I have the duffel bag stored under one and the compressor bag stored under the other... If I ever need to use the third row seats, I just move those items in the trunk temporarily to free up the footwell of the 3rd row.

I can take some photos tomorrow if it's not clear.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just partially lift the 3rd row seat's bottom cushions (using the button thingies on the floor, just behind the second row seatbacks), you'll be amazed at how much space you will find between those pivoting cushions and the floor to store stuff. I have the duffel bag stored under one and the compressor bag stored under the other... If I ever need to use the third row seats, I just move those items in the trunk temporarily to free up the footwell of the 3rd row.

I can take some photos tomorrow if it's not clear.
There is definitely a lot of space there - I have it full as well. :)

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the cargo barrier installed though, its harder to get under that. The front part of the third row seats wont lift.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you could tumble the second row forward, in "third row access mode" to reach that storage area instead of lifting the front part of the third row? That would be a problem for me, since I normally have my girls' car seats installed on the second row...

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Viking Offroad. Great products. Little more expensive but they last.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635