Think about Added a 2nd battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get both???

What do you guys run off of a portable aux box? I assume you take it out to camp and then plug back into vehicle to recharge the aux box?

Are you loading/unloading a fridge when you camp?

I'm curious as that setup has never crossed my mind. Most everything I run is permanently attached to the vehicle and I sleep on a platform in the back so "portable" never really entered into my calculus.
While I totally understand @ktm525 go light, go fast philosophy and have practiced it myself, it's not always the way that works for others, families with kids etc. At least that's my current excuse. @avslash my truck is my daily, so I've tried to design it in a way that allows for "adventure mode" and "commute mode". While it certainly takes some more time adding all the camping equipment back in, I like that I have the option. My spare tire carrier pops off with a single bolt, the re-designed fridge slide and plate pop out with two bolts, and my portable power is now residing in a Zarges case.

I've done the ice thing forever. Ice can last a while. Then ice water, then kids don't seal up something right and dinner is ruined. So a 12v fridge has been a camping game-changer for us, and yes I run my fridge off the portable "solar generator" though I know that term is a misnomer. The box contains all my other aux connections as well as the inverter. It's what currently works for my setup.

BumpShot

Reaction score
I'm looking at a freeze/refrigerator combo .
And an Air compressor to pump up the tires.

Yea, the phone, tablet, cameras, ... Small USB-C stuff.

I camp in a tent. Carry everything else with me. Like air mattress .

I camp to fish.

Oh, I also have my truck setup to add and remove an 1500 Watt @1 ohm pair of 12" subwoofer in the rear. ( 2 - 12" Audiomobile Mass Subs )
Using a Anderson connector . Easy all connected to 2 connectors. ( I ran an 1/0 wire to the rear )
I connected when I'm not camping.
And remove it when I do go Camping. ( they also still play my factory sub ).
They stay hot all the time.
I connect the Anderson connection to my rear power supply connectors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA