Time to let her go..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
Hello my friends, just wanted to quickly post to share a bit of my frustration for having to sell my beloved LR3 after almost 10 years due to financial issues. In any case she has been a great ride and at 73k miles has only the headliner becoming loose and the dashboard showing like cut lines around where the airbag is located.

There is also the "normal suspension mode only " that is probably the filter or compressor. With this the local car max valued the car at 7k$ which I think is a little low but also know they need to perform the repairs mentioned above.

The paint is deteriorating in the top of the roof probably due to the Florida sun, but the good part is she hasn't seen any winter or snow and being in contact with snow control agents like salt as it is used up north.

Well hopefully she 'll find a good home and maybe there is another LR in the future.. Cheers to all and it has been very educating and entertaining to take part in this forum!

Last edited:

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
Trying to add som pictures..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
I'm only able to do one at a time it seems..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    741.2 KB · Views: 33

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
Last one and by the way it is an LR3 V8 SE..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck, but the moderators will tell you that you need to list an official asking price to post this and they will also move this "ad" to the classifieds section if you come back looking for your listing. If you want anyone to bite on this you will need a bit more description on its history and probably a few more photos inside and out including of the roof as well. You can have multiple pictures in one post too. Again, good luck!

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
Thanks , I apologize and was not pretending this to be an ad, I was more curious on suggestions or feedback on base pricing, but don't know any way if I posted the wrong way so thanks for your comments.

Cheers,
Luis

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the way I read it was as an ad to sell (which is fine, it would just be in the wrong spot for people looking to buy).

Personally I like to use the Black Book finance advance number in the actual vehicle state as a barometer as to the retail market value. In most cases the private sale value is somewhere between the trade-in value and the retail values.

What year is this, 2005 or 2006? Any other options besides rear seat entertainment?

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
Thanks again Catman, what I used was the blue book and I guess what I got offered was within their pricing bracket (low to mid side). It is a 2006 that we bought new around July that year, it is basically all standard and we only added up the entertaining consoles and the hitch accessory that I used to pull a motorcycle trailer or a bike carrier.

It has been fun and still relaxes me when driving around!

Thanks,
Luis

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not "official" black book, just what I can see online. My guess is that you can get about $8k locally as a private sale, but it is harder to sell a vehicle with a known issue like the suspension. The people that won't care (Land Rover people) will also be the ones who know values the most and will make offers on the lowest side to compensate for their hassle in addition to the repairs.

Carmax will only give you what they know they can get for it at auction, I doubt they would take it in and fix it unless demand is very high in your area.

On a dealer lot it would probably retail for $9995 and they would come down from that price with a little haggling.

Good luck!

Attachments

• LR3.jpg
    LR3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
Thanks Catman I really appreciate your feedback and the time you took to help me out!

Cheers!
Luis

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM