Tires rotation pattern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Primetime

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving. So, what’s the best for a LR4... cross all four or rearward cross? I’m going on for an alignment today and I want them to rotate the tires beforehand.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- How is the wear looking on all 4?
- Depends on the tire as well. If non directional and not asymmetrical then I usually drop the fronts to back on same side and cross the ones going to the front.
- is there a spare involved?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just go front to back on each side when I do seasonal changeovers. For some reason I always got tire vibration if I switched tires from one side to the other.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving. So, what’s the best for a LR4... cross all four or rearward cross? I’m going on for an alignment today and I want them to rotate the tires beforehand.

Thanks, Primetime. Hope you did too.

After doing some research, I have been doing five-tire rotation ever since I have gotten a new set of five, and this is the pattern I have been following (pattern G, the one on the right):

tire_rotation_fg.png

I wanted to include the spare in the mix for all of them to wear evenly.

Also, right after rotation, I avoid pushing it at least for a few miles for the tread to settle in and get used to or adjust to the change of direction and torque levels, etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM