Tools for LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThinkDima

Reaction score
Hi,
i searched but couldn't find this answered.
do you guys have any recommendations for a tool kit for LR3 to buy in US?

i'm thinking of getting sockets, torx, and anything else of what's needed for a light maintenance on the truck? since it's metric - i don't have as many tools as needed. i'm not looking for anything specific - just enough to take panels off, etc.

is there a tool kit specifically for LR3? or land rovers in general?

Thank you.

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap multi meter a set of 1/4" sockets and a set of 3/8" metric sockets. I would also contemplate a spring clamp plier but not neccesarry just very useful a elm wifi code reader Good jack and stands oil catch pan and some brake kleen

ThinkDima

Reaction score
Thanks.
interesting about the elm wifi code reader. will look into it. is there any specific model? and can you only read info, or make changes to the car as well?

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its strictly a reader but it gives code info and can stream real time info it can go into the engine ecu and tcu it cost like 20.00

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one i have and it works on all types from my f350 diesel to my audi
5y5ybube.jpg
2ysenyda.jpg
ysepa7er.jpg

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a write up on a "spares kit" I did a while back. http:// disco3. co. uk/forum/topic76762-15.html

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the IID tool from Gap Diagnostic to clear faults and modify suspension. Invaluable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For changing a spare, 24"-30" breaker bar with a 1/2", 6 point, deep/extended, impact socket.
A full size spare, before ANY other tools.

Next, a way to inflate/manage a slow leak or top off the spare if needed with a portable air compressor. Cheap ones work just fine into a 12v socket. Some are built much better than others. Sweet portable model from ARB has twin pistons and a small reserve tank will last a lifetime and comes in a solid case about 22"x16"x10". NOT cheap though...

After those truly basic things, then the IID Tool, non-blue tooth $400, BT model is almost 2x $ for the convenience of BT.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM