Tpms message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the truck actually know where a given tire is located as far as tpms goes or is it programmed once and that's it? If you rotate tires does it know you have moved them? Just had a check spare tire pressure message and I installed my compos 2 days ago but didn't touch the spare tire. Will iidtool let me look at each tire value separate?

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2011 LR4 it does know which wheel is low and it tells me on the warning light.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup it does know which tire. It does learn where each tire is after rotation. the IIDtool will not allow you to see each tire pressure. I know as of a couple of months ago it was not available. They said it could possibly be a future update. I had tpms issues at one time and I think it was just the tires where on the edge of limit. make sure to air them up over the correct air pressures. I think 41psi for rear and 38psi for fronts. the inside of door label will tell you. I would air up the spare the same as rear air pressure.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe 2014s and up actually show pressure of each tire in graphic form within the Service menu in the instrument cluster, so you can get a reading from the TPMS any time you wish to check. Earlier model years don't have such submenu, unfortunately. Cold temperatures in winter usually cause these systems to throw faults, especially if your pressure is normally on the lower end of the acceptable range.

Last edited:

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe 2014s and up actually show pressure of each tire in graphic form within the Service menu in the instrument cluster, so you can get a reading from the TPMS any time you wish to check. Earlier model years don't have such submenu, unfortunately. Cold temperatures in winter usually cause these systems to throw faults, especially if your pressure is normally on the lower end of the acceptable range.

Do you have a spec on what is the acceptable range for the system?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635