"transfer neutral"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rab986

Reaction score
Introduction
OK....Hi! My name is Steve and I am a Land Rover owner....(this is the 12 step help program, right?)

Now to the issue, I had inadvertantly put a fuse in position 11 in the fuse box. When I started the truck and seen "Transfer Neutral" on the dispaly I relaized what I had done. Turned off truck, removed fuse and now it will not go back into High. I have run through the shifter to try to get it into either Low or High but no luck. Basically I am stuck in Tow mode.

If anybody has any ideas as to what to look for or do to get it back into gear I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanx in Advance
Steve

rab986

Reaction score
Update

OK...I climbed under the truck, found the Tcase motor and ended up switching it in High myslef by putting 12v to one of the post. I am still getting the "transfer neutral" error but I can at least move it in case I decide to stick it out back by the old studabaker.

I am assuming that there is some sort of Control Unit for the 4wd system and I am guessing that maybe it just doesn't know that the truck is in Low or High which would tell me that Shifter Selector may be on the fritz.

Please feel free to chime in with any suggestions from you gurus out there.

rab986

Reaction score
LOL...Thanx mang. That is one valuable piece of literature. I pulled apart the shifter and found that it only had one toggle switch telling the ECU if it was in low, so that pretty much ruled out the shifter itself. Now with that in mind and this new little piece of information that you sent me, I am almost posotive that it is the ECU.

Have any idea as to how much one of the Tcase ECU's are?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I would give "Will" at www.roverguy.com a call, he sells a lot of used stuff, and he carries new now from what I hear.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99