USB Play and other noob questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not have time at the dealer the other to play with the stereo/electronics but still had a few questions...
1) Can I plug in a music filled usb thumb drive and play music?
2) Will it show album art?
3) Will a blackberry sinc with the system to use the hands free and music playback?
4) On the rear tv's, can I play two different movies at same time?

I am coming from an X5 which is much faster on paper. Did not notice that much when driving (yes, I am old). Will I **** myself in the long run for losing the power? Anyone just regret getting such a large slow vehicle?

Generally, talk me into switching...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Yes, but make sure the drive and files are formatted properly (see owner's manual.)
2) Don't know which model year you have, not to my knowledge but maybe newer model years now display album art? My 2013 doesn't.
3) A Blackwhat? Seriously though, most newer phones with Bluetooth should sync just fine for hands-free telephone use, while audio streaming over Bluetooth is possible on MY2012+ and phones that support that Bluetooth profile (nearly all of newer smartphones do.)
4) You can have two sources playing separately and independently on the rear monitors if you have the factory RSES, but since you only have one single CD/DVD drive to play movies with, well... However, behind the center arm rest you will have both an A/V RCA and a USB input sockets, so you could use either of those with a USB drive or portable device to play videos on one monitor while watching a DVD on the other.

richg

Reaction score
In a similar vein, I would like to have my iphone connected via bluetooth, but have it plugged into one of the USB ports for charging. It seems like when I do this, the audio doesn't work quite right. I can't get audio to play from the phone (both things like pandora as well as google maps) either via bluetooth as the source or picking the USB/ipod as the source.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Or do I have to just use a 12V power adapter instead for charging and do all audio thru bluetooth?

thanks

rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM