V8 Coolant Manifold / Crossover & Maintenance Parts List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael99b

Reaction score
I have a 2013 LR4 HSE with 60k miles. I've owned it since new. I replaced the front cross over, water pump, belts, thermostat and hoses yesterday. The front cross over looked fine actually. It was not brittle and coming apart like some of the photos I have seen on here. Was happy to get it all done as preventive maintenance. Won't need to worry about a breakdown or dealing with getting this work done later. Thank you for the parts list and all of the other helpful comments on this thread.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I got into this job about 2 hours ago, and it wasn't long before I snapped that small plastic coolant line off inside the front of the water pump. It looks like there is a redesign that is mentioned in the beginning of this thread, using the LR045238 and the LR049989, but from the pictures this doesn't make sense. Follow my logic:

1. In the new design, that small tube going into the water pump is now located on the large hose coming from the thermostat (the LR049989).
2. Also in the new design, the LR045238 shows the outlet for the same small tube to the water pump.

Is the outlet on the LR045238 capped off? There is now nothing that should connect to it- coolant is now supplied by the LR049989.

Thanks for the help, this one's got me confused..

Mike

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I got into this job about 2 hours ago, and it wasn't long before I snapped that small plastic coolant line off inside the front of the water pump. It looks like there is a redesign that is mentioned in the beginning of this thread, using the LR045238 and the LR049989, but from the pictures this doesn't make sense. Follow my logic:

1. In the new design, that small tube going into the water pump is now located on the large hose coming from the thermostat (the LR049989).
2. Also in the new design, the LR045238 shows the outlet for the same small tube to the water pump.

Is the outlet on the LR045238 capped off? There is now nothing that should connect to it- coolant is now supplied by the LR049989.

Thanks for the help, this one's got me confused..

Mike
I’m in the v6 so the parts may be a little different. But the small part you broke does come with the hose from the thermostat.

I do however have the old little plastic piece that you broke. If you want it then pm me and I’ll get it out to you.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stuart, wish I would have read this prior to heading to the dealership.. I'm $80 lighter, but at least I got an answer:

In the pic below is the LR045238. My assumption was correct, the connector that my finger is on is indeed capped off internally. So I'm back on track.. Halfway through!

Mike
20210628_221438.jpg

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those of you who've had the manifold completely out. There is a hose retaining clip at the back of the manifold on the drivers side. I believe it is intended to hold the coolant hose that routes along the top of the coolant manifold pipe and runs back under the intake up to the throttle body. For the life of me, I cannot maneuver either the intake or the hose in such a way as to get it into that retaining clip. Did y'all just leave it or is there a trick I'm missing?

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those of you who've had the manifold completely out. There is a hose retaining clip at the back of the manifold on the drivers side. I believe it is intended to hold the coolant hose that routes along the top of the coolant manifold pipe and runs back under the intake up to the throttle body. For the life of me, I cannot maneuver either the intake or the hose in such a way as to get it into that retaining clip. Did y'all just leave it or is there a trick I'm missing?
Pic?

the clips I remember all had some adjustments or the hose was lined up

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember that I disconnected the hose completely (from both ends) installed the hose into the clips in the manifold, and then put the whole thing back down onto the engine and reconnected the hose. But I can‘t recall for sure anymore.

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Errrr. I went ahead and put coolant back in mine so I could pressure test without having to take everything back apart again if there was a leak. The hose seems very neatly ran through that area so I'm not sure it's even necessary.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have two conerns: (1) how much hotter is that bottom surface that its resting on, and (2) do you have any new friction points (engine vibration) that could wear a hole. Don’t know the answer though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV