VIDEO: LR3 Front and Center Console Removal and HAM Radio Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. Preference for HAM vs. CB? Better range?

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks jjvd21.

whydahdvr: HAM is a whole different beast that also requires to have an operating license. Range is among many benefits of HAM. CB's do have a use but very limited and are unregulated.

Last edited:

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video! I would be particularly interested what you used for antenna mounts.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cbdst3198.jpg

@tlt: Here is the image of the mount I used, almost exactly the same. I sanded and painted it black to keep up with the looks of the car.

I bought mine at Frys, I believe it's made by Vanco.

Video itself has better view of the mounts - towards the end.

Last edited:

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a better view of the mounts

Attachments

• LRAntennaMount.jpg
    LRAntennaMount.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 38

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent work, and thank you for the additional info. There is a frys here in town, I will take a look. I am trying to mount a Yaesu ATAS 120A, http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/45470450.html

The ATAS-120, on the bottom, emulates a PL-259 ("UHF") connector, so the mount needs to emulate an SO-239 (female) "UHF" connector. Suitable mounts are available from any Yaesu dealer.

The down side of this antenna is that it doesn't appear to have any flex in the mounting, no springs etc. so it will be tricky to be sure and not hit something with it. It will certainly need to come off during off road adventures.

I don't want to have something on the plow hitch, so options are fairly limited.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99