Voyager powder coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tactical 4x4 sliders are very nice, but man they are heavy. ...

I am actually planning to drop the sliders tomorrow and add rubber to stop the creaking, so I will try to take photos of that process for you.

-David

Good to know. The voyagers, you can notice it a little, its 140 lbs, but I will say they are silent. Never heard a single noise from them, no wind noise, nothing.

I do want to see more detailed photos though, I am curious.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, if you want all this armor for your truck then weight really should be expected. While I had to refinish my Voyager sliders due to poor shipping methods and subsequent damage, I will say that I love the look and function of them. I use that step each and every time getting in and out of the vehicle. It's great not to have to slide your weight across the seats getting in and out. (less seat bolster wear and tear) Plus, the GF really liked having it so she didn't have that awkward climb in / out anymore.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. The voyagers, you can notice it a little, its 140 lbs, but I will say they are silent. Never heard a single noise from them, no wind noise, nothing.

I took a few photos this evening, but can't seem to access Photobucket. I will also take some pictures tomorrow when I drop the sliders. More to come..............

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, if you want all this armor for your truck then weight really should be expected. While I had to refinish my Voyager sliders due to poor shipping methods and subsequent damage, I will say that I love the look and function of them. I use that step each and every time getting in and out of the vehicle. It's great not to have to slide your weight across the seats getting in and out. (less seat bolster wear and tear) Plus, the GF really liked having it so she didn't have that awkward climb in / out anymore.

+1.

If you do take them off, like I did yesterday, then REMEMBER that you did it. I about killed myself getting out yesterday. Stepped out onto -nothing- and just went down. LOL.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey mbw,

I just got back from my local independent LR garage (they sponsor our off-road club). As you know, I had problems with my Tactical 4x4 sliders creaking, as have others on the forum. We ended up not having to completely drop the sliders, but rather loosened up a few bolts, pryed them down a bit, and then was able to put some thick neoprene-foam material in all places where the sliders touch the frame. I had 2 six-foot roles with adhesive. In addition, I used LocTite on all of the bolts (2 huge body bolts and 6 additional bolts - on each side).

I am happy to report, after about 5 miles of various types of road tests, there is absolutely no creaking at all - it is now dead quiet. Awesome! Plus, I am very happy it's an easy fix if I need to do it again down the road.

So, if you guys do install the Tactical 4x4 sliders, take some time to apply rubber/thick foam to ALL AREAS where the sliders touch the frame. In addition, if you have the gas tank skid plate, you should apply a sheet to the middle of the plate that is closest to the gas tank and the end where it it almost touches the slider. The transfer case skid plate is fine, it does not touch anything since it is held by brackets.

I snapped a few photos last night, but can do more when I use my drive jacks this evening. As always, let me know if you have any questions and I will get you some better photos.

A92DE38D-6306-452F-AEC1-F7E351F58117_zpspx2gqmje.jpg

BE63557D-4CEA-4F9D-8E7F-3A5FC294A533_zpsrxggw0sm.jpg

2B4BE42B-5D4F-4A72-98E1-2C89785A668D_zpsdcelzetq.jpg

422BD31D-A953-44A7-81CC-779AD7742F1E_zpsy5xbjp1i.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM