Voyager powder coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Fin, those are super beefy! I need to decide between these and the ProSpeed ones ASAP.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sliders and ladder should arrive there tomorrow.

Mike McCollum of European Parts LLC who I was dealing with has not responded to email in 6 days and wont answer the number I called. Voicemail is full.

*gulp*

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Fin, those are super beefy! I need to decide between these and the ProSpeed ones ASAP.
Do the ProSpeed ones actually go under the truck and protect the air tank and suspension? I see they mention a guard coming soon to protect the air tank, so these look more like sill guards - though very strong.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the ProSpeed ones actually go under the truck and protect the air tank and suspension? I see they mention a guard coming soon to protect the air tank, so these look more like sill guards - though very strong.

They already offer the compressor guard. It goes for £180.

I can't tell either how far underneath it goes.
It does mention that it doesn't tie the body to the frame so it can articulate the way LR intended it to... "just as Land Rover designed, the body is able to move on its rubber mounts."

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They have two separate pieces to protect the Compressor and Tank. See below.

Attachments

• ProSpeed Protection.jpg
    ProSpeed Protection.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 23

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have two separate pieces to protect the Compressor and Tank. See below.
Thanks! That looks like some great armor, but I am still a bit leery about shipping to the US and potential issues with fit between the Discovery 4 and LR4. It also seems like a lot of different pieces, so that does make things easier to install potentially.

With that said, I am very interested in that rear piece that fits where the spare tire goes - are each of these components for sale?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main thing I don't like about the ProSpeed are the looks, not sure I like those holes?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got ahold of him. They are going to sandblast them to metal, do 4 times the zinc coating, then double the normal powder coating for me.

Should do the trick.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I got them all back. They look about the same as they did new, so lets hope the coating is super thick as they said. Will have to see how they do in a few winters.

(only the sliders and ladder had to be redone, but I included the rack picture anyway)
IMG_20140627_140820_zpsb8fb3bac.jpg

IMG_20140627_140852_zps5027c02b.jpg

IMG_20140627_140836_zpsd9ca2e68.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM