Voyager Rack Ladder Nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware of SS. SS is great on its own, but it is at the other end of the galvanic table. The instant the the coated steel is exposed (if it happens), it will corrode incredibly quickly in contact with SS. Of course, ideally what you want is aluminum.

Last edited:

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware of SS. SS is great on it's own, but it is at the other end of the galvanic table. The instant the the coated steel is exposed (if it happens), it will corrode incredibly quickly in contact with SS. Of course, ideally what you want is aluminum.
Once I start tig welding aluminum I’ll get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something interesting I have just found, I remember reading about all the OEM rear ladders being nearly extinct in the world today by yet today I have just come across this.

https://parts.landrovervirginiabeac...0KHb1LmLJM7N_IcKgj6obxSrwrM_5as0aAkVZEALw_wcB

Damn. I'm tempted to buy a couple just to have for those looking for them. But after the horror stories about hidden rot, I'm sticking with what I have.

UPDATE: I noticed that the part is listed as "Genuine OEM Land Rover Rear Access Ladder for 2016 Land Rover LR4." When I used the tool on that page to confirm that it was compatible with my 2013, it said it was NOT compatible. Odd. I thought that all LR4s from 2010-2016 had the same liftgate. I emailed that dealer to see what was up with this listing and will report back if I learn anything. Probably just an entry error; although I also asked if they actually had the part in stock.

Last edited:

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weird, there is no difference in the cosmetic details. I know they didn’t redo the tailgate. Maybe the refreshed the ladder to address the rust. But I wouldn’t think that it wouldn’t fit our 10-13 LR4’s.
Damn. I'm tempted to buy a couple just to have for those looking for them. But after the horror stories about hidden rot, I'm sticking with what I have.

UPDATE: I noticed that the part is listed as "Genuine OEM Land Rover Rear Access Ladder for 2016 Land Rover LR4." When I used the tool on that page to confirm that it was compatible with my 2013, it said it was NOT compatible. Odd. I thought that all LR4s from 2010-2016 had the same liftgate. I emailed that dealer to see what was up with this listing and will report back if I learn anything. Probably just an entry error; although I also asked if they actually had the part in stock.

weird

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something interesting I have just found, I remember reading about all the OEM rear ladders being nearly extinct in the world today by yet today I have just come across this.

https://parts.landrovervirginiabeac...0KHb1LmLJM7N_IcKgj6obxSrwrM_5as0aAkVZEALw_wcB

I got a nice reply from this dealership. That's a bogus listing. She said they had none in stock and she couldn't find any at her usual go-to places, so it confirms what we knew; that it's out of production. It was just a glitch in the system that it was listed. Just closing the loop on this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA