Water Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(1) No wonder I pay $100/hour for nonwarranty labor :biggrin:

(2) Glad to hear that the problem got fixed...What I don't understand is how the quality control can still be so bad on these trucks. That sounds no different than when Rover Group owned LR, pre-1996 when BMW took over.

(3) Watch like a hawk for electrical gremlins now, dried wires or not. These things have a tendency to flare up well after getting wet, and I cannot believe that Ford has solved all the electrical issues Rovers are known for. Plus, that LR3 is so electrically-dependent that vital systems _had_ to be affected.

D

disco1

I hate to put the boot in, but if the roof gets a leak in it, it usually results in the hood lining sagging at some stage down the track.

R

roverdoc

For water leaking in from lower a-pillar finishers and soaking the floor there is a fix that may cure some of the problems. It is a kit that will fix the exterior a pillar finisher fasteners. Your dealer should be able to find this bullitin in their system and fix the problem. Both a-pillars will be done at the same time. For leaks up higher coming from the upper area of the a-pillars kinked, pinched, elevated or clogged sunroof drains usually are the cause of this. Some of these leaks are very hard to duplicate with a car wash but may just show up under heavy rain for some reason. Good luck on the water leaks.

J

jmedlin

I have the same issue, 2005 LR3 w/ 9,000 miles. It sat in a prolonged rainstorm and the driver's side floor board and driver's side door pockets were full of water. Water was also coming in through the side air bag compartment on the driver's side. It has been at the dealer for 2 wks. They could not diagnose, so I gave them this web address, sad, just sad. I think they have it figured out and should get back this week. I have some reservations about the carpet and interior pieces that have been wet 2-3 times that I know of. We'll see what dealer has to say about that. First LR I have owned and possibly the last unless dealer corrects this situation without a lot of hassle.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I've joined the club!

After 1100 miles on my 2005 LR3 SE7, I've experienced the water leak into the front passenger area carpet. I can't determine the source, as all of the carpet under the floor mat is sopping wet. My truck hasn't been in any real rain yet, but I've washed it compulsively, and I suspect that is the source. I've made an appointment with the dealer service dept. for tomorrow. I'll have them check the sunroof drains and screws, etc. Hope it's an easy fix.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was returned to me in one day with the explanation that a piece of foam had clogged the passenger side sunroof drain and that it should now be fine. They apparently even dried the carpet out, as it is no longer soaking wet. I hope that solves the problem. Too bad for the problem, but the dealer service was excellent.

B

BobbyBurns

I have had my two LR3's for just over a year.......30,000+ miles on each and I have had this leak problem on one of them since the very beginning. it is now in for the 4th time. it is soaking wet...water in the headliner, door, front pillar and the floor is soaked. opened the door last time and got a waterfall. this time it shorted out the electrical system. getting new carpeting and a promise that it won't happen again. the dealer has been great, but enough is enough. when I called Roadside Assistance, they said they couldn't help me because they don't cover flooding damage! talk about adding insult to injury. i have had enough....the other LR3 is totally dry....go figure.

L

lr3junkie

My neighbor has the same problem with his LR3, water coming through the driver's side airbag.

I on the other hand have a problem that everytime it rains, my outside temp gauge will give inaccurate readings, fuel gauge will reads empty, and nav system stops working.

Dealer and Land Rover field tech have stated the problem is fixed, will see in the next rain storm.

R

rlsport

Same Problem

Got my LR3 in DEC 05. When it rained in Jan i saw water leaking down the windshield. it actaully built up near the sunroof. When I brought it to the dealership they said it was a crimp in the drainage tubes in the sunroof.

It seems to have solved the problem.

On a later visit they fixed a issue w/ the noise coming from the sunroof.

The car is great but the worst is the Land Rover Service people.

M

Michael

OK, I've heard enough. I want the SUNROOF DELETE OPTION! I'm not an open air person, and I don't like the sun beating down on me when I in my car. Those shades don't even have 100% blockage. Now I would have to put up with water leakage? Forget it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo