Weird cornering performance - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
macrover: Yep, I live in Vancouver.. so it's gonna suck if that mechanic in Langley is good.. that means I have to drive all the way there. Ive been taking it MCL for big items (they rent cars for me..) and for minor jobs, I take it to a buddy's shop in CQ.. Let me know how that mechanic in Langley works out.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say I had the same experience with my truck. I was on a road trip and all of a sudden the truck felt as though it wanted to change lanes. Very scary. I had just picked up the truck from the dealer as I had the rear diff replaced under warranty.
The dealer could not duplicate and gave the car back to me, about 30 miles later same thing happened, scared the crap out of me.
So I brought it back and told them to keep it till it was fixed. Their lead mechanic drove it home that night and it happened to him(he told me later the truck changed lanes on him on the highway and he had the crap in the pants experience also)
What did he find?
Wheel bearing shot!
So if you want to read more about my experience search Wheel Bearing. Good Luck!

Geotrash

Reaction score
I have to say I had the same experience with my truck. I was on a road trip and all of a sudden the truck felt as though it wanted to change lanes. Very scary. I had just picked up the truck from the dealer as I had the rear diff replaced under warranty.
The dealer could not duplicate and gave the car back to me, about 30 miles later same thing happened, scared the crap out of me.
So I brought it back and told them to keep it till it was fixed. Their lead mechanic drove it home that night and it happened to him(he told me later the truck changed lanes on him on the highway and he had the crap in the pants experience also)
What did he find?
Wheel bearing shot!
So if you want to read more about my experience search Wheel Bearing. Good Luck!

Was there any whining or noise coming from that side of the rear end?

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope and it would only happen when the bearing got hot, after about 30 miles or so.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used rover tech in north Vancouver before and was extremly happy with their service

http://www.rovertech.ca/index.html

Chris

Never been to rovertechs shop. But he had is rover at the NW Challenge offroad event and was more then willing to help me when I had a problem on the challenge. If I were local I wouldn't hesistate to use Rovertech!!! Because of his help I was able to get the rig fixed and back in the Challenge!!!

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cleppard.. Ive always wondered about them.. not as far a drive to Langley either..

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like what happened to me. Turns out my back right trailing arm was super loose [you could spin the washer!]. Tightened, aligned and problem was fixed. Could have been disastrous on the freeway if it completely came out.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam, which component is the "trailing arm" on the LR3? What is it connected to? It isn't this same "spindle rod" thing that we've been talking about in another post, is it?

If so, you might want to replace that bolt rather than re-tighten it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72