Weird cornering performance - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the family on a roadtrip to Whistler. Rig was driving fine for most of the way. The road is very windy and at speed...approx 60MPH, when I turned right....felt like the abs or traction control kicked in on one wheel or maybe both on that side AND the truck felt sloppy and "dove" a bit into the corner. Enough to make me slow down and feel like I lost control. Wide noticed it too. I realize this isn't a very technical explanation but I can't describe it any other way. Almost like the air shock gave out on one side only or ABS one wheel only. Very strange. At slower speeds on the corners no problem.

I just had the brakes done front and back and they for sure had all four wheels off. I checked the lug nuts..seemed fine. Also ran the truck through all terrain programs and air suspension heights (except super extended) and everything worked fine. No suspension faults either.

Of course I am off warranty so reluctant to take it into LR. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hows the tire pressure? Could the tires have been rotated & the pressure not been corrected?

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I thought the same and I did check the pressures. All seemed well and the TPMS was not alerting either.

I did have one tire patched due to a nail a few weeks back....I wonder if a sidewall can get weakened...I thought tire problems are pretty black and white, either good or complete blowout or failure.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mac...this is more than normal behavior. That was the LR3's Dynamic Stability Control kicking in to save you from doing something stupid around a slippery corner.

...It's always a little bit of a surprise when it happens.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd on the stability control. If the road was recently crack sealed it can be slicker than you'd expect. I though my TT had a bad calibration because it kicked in on a turn that I drive every day. But then I took my bike to work and found out that the spot was quite slick because of the sealant used.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Third on the DSC. You should have also noticed the DSC light blinking to indicate it had activated. From my experience it seems to activate more frequently with larger tires and In my case especially when aired down and driving at speed.
Ryan

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4th on DSC. Means two things:
1. You are driving the car deep and hard into corners, and you are to be congratulated
2. Your brakes are worn and the DSC system is kicking in a bit more aggressively.
...or both.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may or may not be related, but I was on my way up a snowy mountain back in January and some similar issues. It was cold out but I've never had air-ride issues before.

Anyways, I was cruising though the mountains, driving aggressively, not overly aggressive though. But after some sharp windy turns for about 30 or 45 minutes my info screen said "Suspension Fault" and "Special Programs Unavailable" (or whatever the traction control messages are).

So I kept driving being in the remote area which I was, and soon started encountering some other issues. The suspension then lowered completely and told me "Unable to Raise". So I pulled over turned the car off. Restarted and it said something along the lines of "Waiting for System to Cool". So, I tried to drive a bit, but after a terrible squishy ride in lower than access mode, I didn't want to break anything else. So I pulled over and turned the car off for about 15 minutes.

After letting the car sit off for few minutes I was able to get the car to raise to normal height. Although I think it still told me "Special Programs Unavailable" and maybe "Suspension Fault" too.

Since then the issue has never resurfaced, and I never really quite knew what to think of it. I don't know if this was something you saw macrover, but it was somewhat interesting/concerning too in general. Or at least I thought. Sorry to hijack your thread if I did.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90