Weird NAV system behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just completed a ~1000 mile trip in the LR3, a little bit of mild off-roading to get to a campsite but mostly mountain highway and a lot of climbing/descending over passes.

On the return trip, my NAV system continuously turned off momentarily and would take me back to the "Lawyer Statement" and after accepting it, go back to the route. Then after about 4 of those cycles, I turned it off. After 10 minutes I turned it back on and this time I had to re-enter the route because not only was the guidance lost but ALL stored points were GONE. My "home" location, all points I'd saved in various off-roading trail systems....everything.

The rest of the trip it worked fine though...you know, aside from labotomizing itself. Anyone seen anything like this?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen or read of anything like that. It's probably a self-destruct program to get you to go buy a newer dvd set ;)

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you have an intermittent connection. Perhaps start at the rear of the unit and check all connections.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...something tells me I'll never get my manually-entered points back yet though. That's what kills me the most. I painstakingly found each trailhead by looking at the zoomed-in NAV map and comparing it to a paper trail map, then named them so that I could use voice commands. Oh well...I guess it's an excuse to drink beer and re-enter them.

schwaggy

Reaction score
...something tells me I'll never get my manually-entered points back yet though. That's what kills me the most. I painstakingly found each trailhead by looking at the zoomed-in NAV map and comparing it to a paper trail map, then named them so that I could use voice commands. Oh well...I guess it's an excuse to drink beer and re-enter them.

At least yours save. I can enter points, destinations, even Home and Recents.
**** - all gone after 36 hours give or take a few.

Any ideas on that???

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea...but I bet there is some kind of ECU that is the culprit!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM