What are the two hard lines on passenger side rocker panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yep, similar but not exact same on my LR3. I’ve got 275/70r18’s on my 08. It took a lot of trimming of plastic in front wheel well and lower bumper, horns cut way back, sensor wires moved, rear heater lines re-routed like mentioned above, flattening body seam, and heating up liner to push it in. In addition I’ve got about a 3.5” lift through lift rods and gap tool. I put on the SYA kit with limiting straps from Lucky8 fir driveline protection at full extension. The higher you lift it the more forward the rear wheels move so there’s a sweet spot to find there. I can still go into off road height and into extended mode, but super extended mode only adds about 1/4” more before the straps stop it.

after all that work, I question if it’s worth it. Being an LR3 I can’t regear lower (you can put 3’s gears in the 4) and at Highway speed under load at elevation I’d love to have lower gears. In town and at Texas low elevation I have no issues... we won’t talk about fuel mileage. We just won’t.

it’s a really capable rig on 32’s... not sure the 33.2” I have now make it really that much more capable... but it is fun!

* Pics from this last weekend posing on some boulders, lol, and in the snow we had early this year before I had the sliders and winch on it.

BE98C260-29DB-4713-970F-8A268F49927F.jpeg

81B48A1D-F28B-4026-BDA9-C06A9559F2D0.jpeg

407DA919-4DAD-48A5-95DD-29A5655FF614.jpeg

Last edited:

PoppyAnn

Reaction score
I only put on 265/70-18s. The issue is matching the front tires to the new rear size. There would be a little more trimming involved (unless you put an Off-road front bumper on). 265/70-18 fit perfectly after trimming the frame horns, moulding the fender liners with a heat gun, and moving the driver side height sensor harness.

For the rear, you either pound the pinch weld flat--or cut them off, reroute those heater lines, and mould the fender liners with a heat gun.

To help clarify, they are not AC lines. They are heater lines and filled with coolant. Normal bleeding procedures, just make sure the rear heater is blasting on high as well as the front heater

Thanks for stating that they are heater hose, when I read that they were ac lines and had been changed to soft lines I was expecting the next item to be that they had stoped working as ac lines need to be a little stronger with them holding a vacuum if they were "soft" they were likely to collapse the line when under vacuum and then you would not have ac to the rear (not that I ever have anyone in the rear)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9