What's this is my center console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't find any mention of what this is in the manual(s)

It's in the lid of my center console - appears to be a docking connector of some kind..

Anyone know what it's for?

photo.jpg

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that is for the integrated phone. Not sure how you make it work (it probably requires a specific phone and/or docking station), but this was the route before bluetooth took over.

-Rich

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that is for the integrated phone. Not sure how you make it work (it probably requires a specific phone and/or docking station), but this was the route before bluetooth took over.

-Rich

Ah ha!

Just checked on BAY, and people are selling Land Rover cradles for this dock, each for a specific cellphone.

Amazing that it's still in an 08 vehicle, yet there's no mention in the instruction guide - they just focus on Bluetooth integration.

Thanks for the ID richpike :proud:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed, it's the receptacle for a proprietary phone cradle, I have it on my 06 Sport as well. It takes some valuable storage space under the armrest, other than that it is not very useful... :wink: Optional snap-on cradles used to be available from Land Rover, for a hefty price and they were only made for a handful of ancient Nokia handsets (since Nokia designed the PTI system), allowing those phones to pair and interface with the in-car telephone system, while also recharging and using the roof antenna for better reeception. The cradles were discontinued long ago (although they still pop up on aBay every now and then), and those receptacles will no longer be installed on recent build LRs, it's Bluetooth only now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge