Wheel Lugs/Wrench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MATTDII

Reaction score
First timer LR owner, My '01 Disco II has the stock wheels, but the lug wrench in the kit does not fit on the lug nuts, only on the spare tire lugs (wierd). LR dealer was no help in getting a new wrench (surprise). They said they'd never heard of such a thing. I ended up buying a 1 1/16 socket that still doesn't fit great but works for the time being ( I figured it would be metric but standard fit better)

Any simillar issues? Suggestions?

The Bottle Jack under the hood also blew a seal so I just bought one and keep in in the storage space. What an awkward way to lift the Disco II, any tips??

I discoverd all this when I went to change the brakes and rotors on the DiscoII.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The lugs have been tore up by someone with an impact wrench... my suggestion is to buy a new set. You can get the non-capped versions from www.atlanticbritish.com

Bottle Jack is known for being rather cheap.

DiscoCoveII

Reaction score
like joey said your lugs have been torn up by an impact wrench,
you will need an over sized socket that will still be able to turn your lugs, (they are a to piece lug, the nut part on top has been crimped the threaded end,) when you use an impact wrench you undo the crimping) these lugs are 17 each at the dealer i suggest looking on ebay there is at least one company i know oopff that has created a replica from what i can tell is just as good as the orginal. but they are way cheaper than buying them from the dealer, BE SURE to get your new lugs before trying to get your old ones off because if one of those crimp pieces lose its hug on the thread you will not be able to get your wheel back on securely.

your looking about 100$ min to replace all of them.

hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM