Windshield issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know there has been much discussion about the heater lines in the front windshield. I have never had a problem with mine messing with my vision until lately.

I could always see them, but they never bothered me in the least. Only at night when I would look at street lights, would I really get any real indication they were there when I wasn't looking for them.

Recently, I'm having trouble focusing on objects outside and infront of the truck. It seems like the lines are really interfering with my vision. Here is the kicker: I notice it more when the temps are below 40 or so outside. As the temps drop more, I seem to be bothered by the elements even more.

I haven't had to use the wind screen heater that much yet. While it has been cold here in Nebraska, we have only had 1 real brush with snow. Much of the time I know the elements come on automatically at or below 40, but I quickly turn them off as there is no precip to melt off.

Has anyone noticed more issues seeing the windshield heater elements now that it is cold out? It is entirely possible my age is finally catching up to me and my eyes are starting to fail, but it seems crazy that all of the sudden it started to be an issue as soon as the temps dropped.

Thanks,

Rob

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know there has been much discussion about the heater lines in the front windshield. I have never had a problem with mine messing with my vision until lately.

I could always see them, but they never bothered me in the least. Only at night when I would look at street lights, would I really get any real indication they were there when I wasn't looking for them.

Recently, I'm having trouble focusing on objects outside and infront of the truck. It seems like the lines are really interfering with my vision. Here is the kicker: I notice it more when the temps are below 40 or so outside. As the temps drop more, I seem to be bothered by the elements even more.

I haven't had to use the wind screen heater that much yet. While it has been cold here in Nebraska, we have only had 1 real brush with snow. Much of the time I know the elements come on automatically at or below 40, but I quickly turn them off as there is no precip to melt off.

Has anyone noticed more issues seeing the windshield heater elements now that it is cold out? It is entirely possible my age is finally catching up to me and my eyes are starting to fail, but it seems crazy that all of the sudden it started to be an issue as soon as the temps dropped.

Thanks,

Rob

I've read a lot of complaints about this myself and I personally think it's an amazing feature - especially where needed. Yes, at night if I look for it, it can impare because I'm expecting it to. But once I stop thinking about it, it's gone... and doesn't bother me at all. I think at night in the rain it might be more noticable... but honestly, I think it's an amazing windscreen and the best in class.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot of complaints about this myself and I personally think it's an amazing feature - especially where needed. Yes, at night if I look for it, it can impare because I'm expecting it to. But once I stop thinking about it, it's gone... and doesn't bother me at all. I think at night in the rain it might be more noticable... but honestly, I think it's an amazing windscreen and the best in class.
I agree. I can always see the lines (day or night) if I try and look at it. It doesn't bother me though. I haven't needed this feature yet so far, but I'm in Colorado so I know I will need it and love it!

MMC2488

Reaction score
Just an experiment. Since the sun is lower in the sky during the winter. Try to take notice as to what direction your traveling. I don't notice the elements in the windsheild during the summer as much as I do during the winter. Wonder if this has anything to do with the lower angle of the sun in the winter as opposed to the summer. But I do see them at night all the time. Have to train myself not to focus on them. In a couple of minutes my eyes usually learn to look through them.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, this was an issue with me when i first bought my LR4. But after a few days, i never notice it what so ever, day or night....and I LOVE it now that it is winter

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I know I'm going to love the feature too, I just haven't had a lot of opprotunity to need it yet.

All summer and fall long, I barely noticed the lines under most condtions. It has been just recently that I have had the issue. I made the jump mentally that it must be related to the colder temps, but I will start thinking about what direction and at what time of day it seems the most noticable.

Rob

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I know I'm going to love the feature too, I just haven't had a lot of opprotunity to need it yet.

All summer and fall long, I barely noticed the lines under most condtions. It has been just recently that I have had the issue. I made the jump mentally that it must be related to the colder temps, but I will start thinking about what direction and at what time of day it seems the most noticable.

Rob

The observation about the sun's position in the winter versus summer is brilliant and likely a day-time theory, as for night, of course this could be due to rain and/or dirty windscreen etc. I like in San Franciso and we get all four season (but no snow) daily... and I use this feature all the time. For instance, I had to move my wife's BMW to the street while it was raining outside the other day and the second I moved out from the garage and onto the street and the temp change was extreme, the window completely fogged up. I did this with Harriet (turned the feature on before leaving the garage) and the window remained clear as a bell. So impressed!

george k

Reaction score
Yes. Now that its cold out its worse. Blurry certain angles during the day and extremelybad at night. If I look at a license in front of me it seems to be be moving from side to side. Also headlights are blurry.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bad eyes and it's worse at night but I have no problems with the windshield heater lines. If I try to look for it, I then notice it but otherwise, it's really not there.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM