Windshield leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Primetime

Reaction score
Hello All,
So about 6 months ago I had my windshield replaced. I got into the truck after a heavy rainstorm one afternoon a few weeks ago and found a soaked headliner. I had the shop back out (safelite through my insurance) and they checked it out. They said that the sealant wasn’t compromised in any fashion, and that it’s impossible for it to leak. Knowing the sunroof drain issues these trucks have I believed the guy and let him on his merry way. Anyway, yesterday I took the headliner apart to get to the drain assembly (I had originally checked if it was clogged and it wasn’t). Everything checked out so I had a friend spray the roof. The water began leaking in the seam between the windshield and the frame (as pictured below). I know it seems pretty obvious that the windshield is leaking but is it possibly to be coming from another place? The reason for my hesitancy is that I did install aftermarket roof rails about a year ago. Wondering if they could be leaking into the roof of the truck and somehow making it’s way in at this point. Just want to make sure I get to the problem before I have safelite back out and redo everything. Let me know what you think. Thank you much

9E3837D1-7607-45EB-986C-6390B45A308F.jpeg

464F8178-FE9E-45DA-B59A-3AE9F78D6DF9.jpeg

Louis Heinz

Reaction score
Water is coming in from the A pillar. Same thing happened to me . I realized someone before me had popped the cover of the A pillar outside and left the top pushin clip off. Water would enter. So I used flex seal and bought a plastic clip in hardware store. Sprayed flex seal 3 coats and then the clip finished sealing the hole. No more water leak

Louis Heinz

Reaction score
P
Water is coming in from the A pillar. Same thing happened to me . I realized someone before me had popped the cover of the A pillar outside and left the top pushin clip off. Water would enter. So I used flex seal and bought a plastic clip in hardware store. Sprayed flex seal 3 coats and then the clip finished sealing the hole. No more water leak

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I deal with a similar thing here

Land Rover A pillar and Cowl replacement, "banish that attack Kazoo" Whistling windscreen solved.

When the windshield was replaced, the installer broke off the top and bottom locating lugs on the a pillar trim pieces, filled over the holes with tape and mastic. A really shoddy job, the clips were a miss match and it was just a terrible fit and sounded like an attack kazoo at highway speeds or in any cross wind.
I bought replacement trims and they came with the correct Lr clips which are much tighter than some of the other offerings online and have gaskets attached. Also the foam rubber part at the bottom is included. Anyway all in all it’s a very tight fit and no leaks or noise.

Hope it helps.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get my windshields replaced I leave off the A pillars garnishes and put them on myself with new clips. So many butcher jobs on the clips that it is just not worth it anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut