Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i find it interesting that people arent having trouble with Fuayo glass. i had 2, both had fuse issues.

Geico/safelite never gave me an option of Pilkington. it seemed to be either cheapest available or [eventually] OEM, the most expensive.

I wonder if MY makes a difference how windshield performs?

I may be mistaken, but I thought Fuayo was one of the OEM sources for LR glass. Almost sure that Pilkington was not exclusive but could be wrong. Therefore maybe there’s something to MY issues and compatibility.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe.

Incase anyone is curious for future reference, all glass on my truck is Land Rover Pilkington. MY 2011, early production.

dedbird

Reaction score
Bit of a hijack but somewhat related, anyone replace their glass with an aftermarket and be able to use a radar detector with it? I too am about to replace some glass. The ONLY thing I don't like about my 11 and 12 L322's is that I can't get a radar detector to work. I was hoping that aftermarket glass would allow for my Passport to work.

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for information. I don't know about your 2011 vehicle but newer rain sensing is done by a pad attached to the windshield. We had the windshield replaced on my wife's 2014 LR2 and the rain sensor was intermittent. Called the company back and they replaced the pad and it worked perfectly.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit of a hijack but somewhat related, anyone replace their glass with an aftermarket and be able to use a radar detector with it? I too am about to replace some glass. The ONLY thing I don't like about my 11 and 12 L322's is that I can't get a radar detector to work. I was hoping that aftermarket glass would allow for my Passport to work.

You have the heated windshield? My guess is the heat elements in the windshield interfere with the radar detector.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the heated windshield? My guess is the heat elements in the windshield interfere with the radar detector.

Mine seems to work pretty alright with the stock heated windshield.

Range seems fine on it too. The only thing that takes AGES to get is GPS (****** Passport Max)

What doesn't work on your detector dedbird?

dedbird

Reaction score
I get zero range and GPS does not work. It seems to be a known issue. I have tried my V1's that I have retired as well as my passport max and redlines, none work either my 2011 and 2012 RRSC's. Whether it is the coating on the outside to keep the windshield together in the event of a crash or the heating elements, I don't know, but one of them does blocks the radar transmission. I was just hoping that a replacement piece of glass might be a cheaper alternative to a remote install unit which will be a couple of grand. Did not have issues with my LR3's and 4's with stock glass and radar detectors, just the L322's.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, interesting.

Does your windshield have that purple hue to it? Maybe it’s some weird coating.

dedbird

Reaction score
Not sure but it is the same on both the 11 and 12. I'll need a new windshield soon so I'll just hope the aftermarket glass does not have the same issues.

Reaction score
Insurance is like all things, buy the cheapest and that is the service you will get. You have to stick to your guns and insist that they use OEM parts. Some claims people back off quickly, others think they are on a mission to save their employer money and forget the damage to reputation that they are causing. I used to think that Geico's advertising was neat, but now? Cheapskates.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut