18" Wheels - EVO CORSE DAKARZERO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 18s run for $369.99 normally and our initial release price is $349.99. I can also offer 5% off to Forum members.

Here is a picture of a bronze 17x8 (Tundra fitment) sitting in front of one of our customer cars I just took for you guys with the decals remove. A little rubbing alcohol and they came right off. I don't have any picture of the 18s mounted as of yet.

View attachment 9297
I see a set of these in my future

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make a Land Rover fitment in 17x8 ET38 but I'm told they wont fit over the calipers. The Max ET They'll produce on these wheels is 45 but we'd have to make a customer order for that ET for an additional cost. If you're interested in going down this road, shoot me a PM or email and I can make an inquiry
@jwest

Wait...hold up...just pump the brakes here. Are you telling me I could possibly go 17s and keep the stock calipers on the front? I would just need to submit a custom order?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you currently running the smaller brakes on yours? If so, shoot me an email or PM and we can get some measurements done to make sure they'll clear everything.

yes, i am using factory 17x7 for snow tires so i am 99% sure these 17's will work considering the wider offset. but yes, let's do a measurement test. I'll contact you or pm me i you haven't heard from me.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, i am using factory 17x7 for snow tires so i am 99% sure these 17's will work considering the wider offset. but yes, let's do a measurement test. I'll contact you or pm me i you haven't heard from me.

Very interesting. I had thought you had to replace brackets calipers and hoses.

If you guys go to PM, would you include me as well please?

If it is a simple rotor and bracket swap, I might pursue this as well and get a 17 inch set with MTs for trail use and keep the Compos and KO2s for general use.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. I had thought you had to replace brackets calipers and hoses.

If you guys go to PM, would you include me as well please?

If it is a simple rotor and bracket swap, I might pursue this as well and get a 17 inch set with MTs for trail use and keep the Compos and KO2s for general use.

It's so easy. Rotors and carrier. Nothing else unless you wanted to get persnickety and also replace the backing plate but I didn't. Presumably a matching sized plate could keep rocks out of the rotors a little better but so far after extensive use last summer, it's been fine.
It's a good time to also pull the sliders out and re-grease which helps with even pad wear.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@jwest

Wait...hold up...just pump the brakes here. Are you telling me I could possibly go 17s and keep the stock calipers on the front? I would just need to submit a custom order?

For lr4 I would want a little more data because I think the NAS v8 caliper is a little different than my lr3 caliper. However, the mudtech folks have an lr4 17" brake conversion kit so it's doable but I don't know if they also change the caliper.

One way to find out would be to measure side by side an lr3 caliper with the lr4 to see the distance from rotor diameter to caliper diameter. Then the space from my caliper to inside rim face. If there were enough margin for error, one could bet that it would work.

There may also be a couple NAS folks who've done this already. Expedition portal is most likely place to find someone who has as the conversion would also instantly open an lr4 up to all lr3 wheels. Even better though would be these EVO wheels in 17x8 on an lr4. That would be pretty awesome actually. You could keep the offset tucked in as best possible too. With a 34" tire you'd get right to the beginning of what I just decided to call the "land rover golden ratio" being a 1:1 or better tire to wheel combination. 17" of total sidewall around a 17" wheel, which I've never heard of that but it sounds cool ;)

That also gets the tire section ratio into a much better low psi zone starting from a tire that has a sidewall equal to or taller than it's width. This kind of ratio allows the low psi contact patch shape to elongate which is vastly superior for traction in almost all situations including sand and steep slope root and rock crawling.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA