2, 4 or 6 Ton Bottle Jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to pick up a bottle jack just to have in case. They have 2, 4 and 6 ton models. (Larger ones as well.) The 2 ton seems adequate as I'm only lifting 1/4 or at most 1/2 of the truck and the lift height is about a foot which, again, is fine as I would likely have it on a base such as a piece of wood.

Any reason to go larger?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to pick up a bottle jack just to have in case. They have 2, 4 and 6 ton models. (Larger ones as well.) The 2 ton seems adequate as I'm only lifting 1/4 or at most 1/2 of the truck and the lift height is about a foot which, again, is fine as I would likely have it on a base such as a piece of wood.

Any reason to go larger?

Which brand and models are you looking at? I haven't really been able to find one that goes high enough.
Don't forget you jack your truck when it is in offroad height otherwise it will level itself (might even go to extended mode). So offroad height plus height of your new tires....
Anyways, let me know which one you're thinking about. I might pick one up if it seems adequate.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the ones from Performance Tool. The 2 ton model has a lift range of 7 1/8 to 13 1/2. The larger models increase the lift height as they go up. IIRC something like 1.5 to 2 inches per model. They go larger than the 6 ton. I was looking at Murdoch's - a "general store" for ranchers, etc. Actually some pretty decent stuff there given what is needed on a ranch or farm.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always go for the most capacity and lift range. I'd say 4 ton. With a 2 ton, if you have a heavily prepared truck (or eventually will), you'll be putting it right at the limit by the time it is loaded with fuel, gear, etc.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always go for the most capacity and lift range. I'd say 4 ton. With a 2 ton, if you have a heavily prepared truck (or eventually will), you'll be putting it right at the limit by the time it is loaded with fuel, gear, etc.

That makes sense. The 4T is not that much larger or more expensive. (They're not that expensive as it is.) And it will give me a couple more inches. 6T feels like overkill.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 ton bottle jack and it works great and my truck is pretty darn heavy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635