2006 LR3 SUSPENSION HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you still need to recalibrate after changing a single height sensor.....
You are probably correct and for me, it was just wistful thinking but I figured I read it somewhere that a change of one would eventually self calibrate.

I cannot find that article however but I did find below from an LR3 suspension overview which agrees with your comment. This means the GAP tool or similar such as my Black Box is required.

Calibration
A calibration routine is performed using T4 to read the position of each corner of the vehicle and record the settings in the ECU memory. Once set, the calibration is not required to be performed unless the air suspension control module is removed or replaced, a height sensor is removed or replaced or a suspension arm to which the sensor is connected is removed or replaced. If the removed height sensor is subsequently refitted, the calibration procedure will have to be performed to ensure the integrity of the system.

If a replacement drop link is fitted, recalibration is not required providing the sensor body is not removed from its mounting bracket.

ovdchicago

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the valuable input. I will update you with the repairs and the changes if you all game.

bowie

Reaction score
I changed one height sensor on front right then the strut. Did not need to recalibrate. 2011 l322 supercharged. I lost had erratic indication from front right 4x4 indication on the dash. Like mentioned earlier , I would use the soapy water at the valve block as well. Also I noted that my compressor was running but could never keep the suspension satisfied when I had the bad front strut. Fyi had a 2008 LR3 and used the kit to overhaul the compressor , lot cheaper than replacing the whole unit. Good vid on you tube. All the best. Regarding the tool I got the isoft just over 100 us. Only down side is that it does jag and land rover models.well worth getting though if you plan on keeping Land Rover. All the best

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is possible that the new sensor was within spec of the previous in terms of the calibration, but I'd say as a general rule you would need to recalibrate....and why not? It's easy AF.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut